Usogui - Vol. 37 Ch. 400 - Collapse

Dex-chan lover
I frankly find the whole rotting thing disgusting.
And very much.. unneeded. And wtf, nobody thinks of cremating the corpse? Or burying it? It just feels... gratuitous. Seriously, your friend/partner/former referee dies and you don't give a shit a leave him rotting in the open?

It's just morbid for the sake of being morbid. Also,this last arc also feels disjointed, and full of "small" gambles isolated from one another. It really lost its edge. I've been following this manga since the beginning but I'm seriously considering dropping it.

Dex-chan lover
Wait what the fuck just happened?! Why did we suddenly flash forward 8 days? Goddamnit Toshio you can't just do this to us!

Also, it was clear from the moment that Ikon went to the body that we'd eventually have a scene with Baku and Kyara.. but I don't think I'm ready to see it.

Dex-chan lover
Dropping the manga at this point sounds so weird to me, its still so damn amazing. I agree someone should bury them but I feel they understand Kyara wanted to rest in there. And again, a rotting corpse is a natural thing.

@Clooud he probably HAS a plan and will most likely win in the end, but the caliber of his enemies has gotten better and better with every battle. And Lalo is like the obvious penultimate boss to the series and he is even a way bigger player than Suteguma, so he is bound to make Baku suffer a lot before getting beat.

Although honestly I think this is mostly that Kyara died and Baku is losing his caution and fucking up. Their tsundere relationship doesn't do wonders for closure.

Dex-chan lover
If he's in it for the mindgames mostly, as a lot of readers probably are, it's not surprising to be annoyed with the Protoporos arc. Of the 3 games we've seen, only one of them had a clearly defined mind game involved. Baku's first match, Kaji's match, neither of them had the clear mindgame aspect that gambles up to that point had.

That being said, the arc has done a lot for character development, so I've been enjoying it a lot all the same.

Edit: Wait which part are you disputing with that quote...?

Nobuko looks really creepy in the first page.

Also, I wonder what would happen if one of the allies, like Kaji, became kaizer? Would he get to play Surpassing leader? If I remember correctly, this wasn't specified.

Dex-chan lover
so..... the most ass-pull miracle about kyara's death theory.....

-that corpse is a body double.
-or maybe a twin
-it's all a dream
- who am i joking..... right?

I feel like the depictions of the corpse are mainly there so people don't go "b-b-b-but maybe he's still alive, after all!"

so besides being confused about the potential time jump, was Nobuko defeated by an Azura player? are they out of the war just like that or am i missing something? there was a panel on 397 page 10 that made me confused when i first read it, but did azura possibly hide players during their attack and then wait till the LSD rations were delivered to attack?

Dex-chan lover
Back at it with the time jumps lol. This time he keeps going forward.

I never really cared for the constant use of flashbacks or any kind of story time manipulation, even if I considered the resulting chaotic storyline a benefit. It's a very weird line to cross with how unnecessarily confusing it gets sometimes when the author does this considering the style is growing on me very very slowly.

Double-page supporter
@spence7865

I think it was just a Shoudo player on drugs. He was dressed like a shoudo player, plus he was saying some nonsense. And she wasn't defeated through the game since she wasn't wearing a vest, so it's not like the king was actually defeated. But Azura attacking soon to exploit the drugs sound like a good prediction.

@Rooster

I think when Hal explained it to the referees, he said something like "one of these two" (Baku or Lalo) will play surpassing the leader. So I guess it's implied it has to be them.

Double-page supporter
@spence7865

I think it was a Shoudo player. He also didn't "defeat" her in the game, he cracked her skull. I'm hoping she's okay.

Users who are viewing this thread