Usogui - Vol. 39 Ch. 427 - Prison Of Peace

Dex-chan lover
Beautiful. Great chapter to end it on. Thanks for the batch, amazing work as always.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the batch Team Duwang!

I had a good chuckle at Douji trying to blow bubbles like Midara. I like seeing the referees goof off when they're "off the clock", so to speak.

Dex-chan lover
Oh man, both of the Baku panels are so good this chapter!

This time, we're stopping on a double cliffhanger, with Baku vs. Lalo and Hal vs. Fukurou looming. Can't wait for the next batch! As ever, thanks for the translations, Team Duwang.

Double-page supporter
Most human I think we've ever seen Baku there. This arc has been awesome for seeing different sides of him.

I'm glad that Lalo has lived up to all hype from Ideal. I didn't think anyone could be more dangerous than Caracal, but Lalo is really on final boss tier. Feels like a great payoff for a lot of the manga.

Thank you for the batch, and for all your hard work as always, Team Duwang.

That last panel is so clean. Sako Toshio's art from the beginning til now, and his transformation has been incredible. Love to see Baku get ready to fucking slaughter

Aggregator gang
Does anyone know which Chapter Ryusei was captured by Lalo's side

:hmm

Dex-chan lover
Douji trying to blow spit bubbles was hilarious.

Just like how Yakou is tsundere with Baku, Baku is tsundere with Yakou, they are truly a kekerou member and his exclusive referee.

Contributor
That's a nice game face you got there, Baku!

On another note, Yakou and Baku's relationship is great. Notice how Yakou shuts off the walkie-talkie so no referee can hear unhinged Baku.

@AggravatingHighway That's some horrible typesetting right there, if I've ever seen any!

Dex-chan lover
A match in the midst of all the islanders.

Wow, how perfect is that.
The only disappointing thing is how they keep pointing out Lalo is in a corner. They certainly won't be shocked when through some yet unrevealed potentiality they realize that Lalo could actually still win, even if he 'loses' the match (I hope).

But I suppose I should reserve judgment on Lalo to see how he will surpass Suteguma in effect of tricking Baku out (at least directly, more than he has already).

Dex-chan lover
@Lithe
It's probably the author trying to set in stone to the readers that Lalo is doing all of this out of desperation rather than as a plan, to make it all the more of a shocking reveal when it's established he does have a way to win still.

@BossCrab
It feels like we see Baku as more and more human with every chapter ever since Kyara's death. Which is pretty great for character development!

Users who are viewing this thread