Usogui - Vol. 39 Ch. 427 - Prison Of Peace

Thx for the batch. Im really happy a team decided to to translate this mangas.

But i gotta say the Vincent Lalo mental breakdown make absolutly 0 fuck*ng sense.
The author took a easy road to create a crasy vs crasy final showdown. What i mean by that is there are no reason for Lalo to lose his mind since all he did after being the kaiser until now was under his control. sure, he lost and got outsmarted ( matter of fact he kept getting outsmarted over and over...), and he was angry, so what ?
Lose his mind !?
What can be the explanation other than diamons or that he's never been in such live or die situation ever in his life. For someone who have be in the underworld for so long, i find it really hard to accept.
His psychology is really less impressive than Suteguma to me.

Now that this batch is over. i was telling myself maybe i could make a tier list fighter we've seen in this mangas and give some explanation. i based on portrayal, fights that happened, and ability.

S+ Tier :: Gyeongho Jonglyo.
I still think this character is the strongest we've seen so far based on his ability that counter the savagery of the A tier... i dont really take the condition of his death in account to judge his strenght in rapport to Kyara for exemple since that duel was kinda restrictive. it was a plot duel just to get rid of both of them.
it was even worse than the 10 sec referee duel (which would have been easy for Jonglyo). Both of them could die after 5min because... poison. i mean without that poison, Kyara was getting played pretty hard...

S tier :: Kyara, sleeping Caracal, Rodemu.
This is the beast tier.. people in this tier have this "savagery" in them that. just pure and overwhelming strengh..

A tier :: Yakou twins brothers, Normal Caracal, Kiruma Tatsuki, Bai Long, Marco,
i call this tier, the technical tier... they're the peak of the technical skill but lack that "beast mode" or "monster mode" inside them. And i dont really know how do they deal with people of the S tier, not even mentioning the S+ tier.

B tier :: Minowa

C tier :: Kadokura, Midara ? (he's a mystery...), Leo, Hyougo, Mitaka.
There are a serious gap between tier C and tier D.

D tier :: Amen, Nanpou, Nowa grandson.

Power Uploader
@Solano
But he didn't lose his mind.
The only scene where he looked like he lost his mind is in chapter 416, where he killed Arata after seeing the diamonds.
But Fukurou had gotten Arata's password, and Lalo had to get Arata's vest anyway, so killing Arata was necessary.

@catx3 When can we expect the next batch? sorry if i sound greedy but usogui is just too damn good, And ur translations do it justice

Double-page supporter
@a2j04vm0
@Solano

I agree. Re-read chapter 404. Lalo didn't lose his mind, he simply reassessed his strategy immediately and understood the best way to win was to completely fuck the island and either try and change the system or force Baku into a stalemate. He led the referees to him (Nanpou, Amen, etc) so they would die to Ideal's assassins and Long, but so he could still use them like when he had Amen take care of Arata's goons. He had already planted Fukurou inside the Outlaws during the game, and immediately set him to work on trying to get into the computer system. He picked up the pieces of his strategy and immediately came up with a new one. Lalo is just as cunning and clever as Baku or Hal, he just has the resources to have this as an option available to him.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/798280/16

This page describes it well through Baku. He didn't lose his mind, he simply said "okay, next strategy", and enacted a world of violence upon the island. It's actually similar to the way Suteguma operated, flipping the switch to trying to kill Baku in the tower. Suteguma was just a bit more stonefaced about it, while with Lalo you get the cool imagery of the Nightmare.

Users who are viewing this thread