Usogui - Vol. 40 Ch. 431 - Within The Silence

You know ever since the tower episode where every detail can be of crucial importance , I've been paying attention to a lot more to each panel in Usogui.
Here the one thing that stood out to me the most, what the heck is that 'crack' on page 16? That speech bubble is pointed downwards so did something break? Did Baku crack something? Wonder what he did.

My prediction is that the numbers have something to do with the panopticon prison around them. It might be prison cell numbers evaluated by their position.

Double-page supporter
I've said it more than once but I really appreciate how much they've made Lalo live up to the hype and time that was devoted to Ideal. Very rarely is Baku caught off guard this much, Lalo out-thought him and stole an advantage in the match.

I guess Nowa Jr is the official referee of this match? That seems weird, shouldn't he be following Fukurou? or did the refs decide that since Leader was following and the entire game would hinge on Baku vs Lalo they didn't need Nowa to go too?

To be honest, why did Lalo went that far to get Kakerou in the first place with that Leader's gamble ? I dont really get why he accepted the proposition Leader gave him...
he has been at a disavantage position the whole process of his gambling with Baku&Kiruma. During the chapter 325, Lalo made a legitimate complain about his own safety since he cant get loyaty of Kakerou by using sheer force. The problem i have is about these condition Leader used. So far only Baku had the possibility of "Surpassing the leader", but there are absolutly nothing preventing Lalo from having that possibility later even if Kakerou were pursuing him.
Maybe i didnt get something, but what actually prevent Lalo from getting into Kakerou as a member by tricking one of the 48 member to bet a membership, then do the Karameter + 50 billions ? such thing should be easy for him... Kaji became a member just as easily. Matter of fact, Suteguma was a kakerou member.
We, even do know, he collaborated with Fukurou... the only problem would be to get referee strong enough to be n°0. He had assassin who can work for him.. Bai Long (he would come since he wants to see Ying), or bullshit his way to convince Jonglyo to kill the current n°0. Hell, he could just Bai Long to infiltrate Kakerou has a referee while one of his assassin take care of the actual n°0 whoever he is.

It shouldnt really matter whether the Leader is Baku or Kiruma, all he wants is Kakerou.
Lalo, to me, had no reason to accept that absurd proposition. He has far more to lose than to gain NOW. Ideal is a worldwide sprawling organization unlike Kakerou which, very popular accross the world, has just a national power range ( and they just get that power )
Add to the fact, if he lose, he die whereas it's not the case for Usogui.

I hope we will get a much better explanation of Lalo psychology... Bearing such risk for a non-gambling addict is kinda ridiculous.

@Solano I think it was cause Hachina took the diamonds in the Jalloud ship. They're pretty important to Lalo for some reason

Contributor
@xkcdhawk Good spot. I didn't catch that one until you pointed it out.

I'm thinking Usogui cracked open one of the BIOs, allowing air to pour out of the canister. Usogui may be planning to lose that cracked BIOs in order for Lalo to acquire it.
I wouldn't expect it to be possible to crack open one of them underwater, though.

@Ominous I was about to say wouldn't that be against the rules and Baku would be eliminated, but the exact wording "The Air-Bios that has already been used for breathing cannot be reused as either an ante or a bet." would make it that anything else done to it is fair game. Since no sane player would waste their air on anything other than breathing, it really is a Baku like thing to do. If Baku really did crack open one of his Air Bios, that would be the perfect time to do it since Lalo at that time could not see what Baku was doing.

Power Uploader
@Solano
1. He just lost his best subordinate, Billy, who had the IQ and power to do those works you mentioned.

2. Fukurou is no longer a Kakerou member after he gave his membership to Suteguma.
And I don't think Bǎi lóng and Jonglyo will help him unless Ying and Kyara is there.
Plus the situation won't be as easy as it is on Protoporos island, where there are only 10+ referees. They will have to face the whole Kakerou.

3. Leave aside if it's possible to kill Yakou that easily, Killing No.0 doesn't make your
exclusive referee become No.0. You have to convince your exclusive referee to have a ranking battle with No.0 and win.

4. Getting so many karametes in a short time like Baku did is pretty much impossible.

One thing I dont understand, does the other player actually get the bios bet by the oponent? Lets say lalo bets 5 bios air and loses, according to the rules he has to open those 5 air bios. so they dont actually tranfer to the other player right? so usogui cracking open a case in this chapter for lalo to get an empty by case wouldnt work right? or did I miss understand ?

Oh nvm, so they only release oxygen cases when the specific loss happens that triggers a calamity? ok makes sense

If I was Lalo, I would object to these rules. The way of deciding which card wins basically means he is putting his life in trusting Nowa as a referee. If Nowa is not fair, Lalo is doomed.

Fed-Kun's army
I don't know if I should care since it's just an explanation, but... there are only 10 cards in total. They weren't drawn from a bigger deck.
And we already saw them all. They're 8 15 25 26 36 39 44 45 47 63.
So why is there a card "6" in the bottom panel, page 6? I know it works as an example panel, so it doesn't have to correspond to the reality. But coming from this author, I wonder if it can also be some kind of hint...

@a2j04vm0
1- As much as Billy was a fun character, his team with that psychotic dude was terrible... what kind of team is that ? plus he didnt do a karamete, he was trying to hijack Baku one with the gambling in the tower.

2- As i said, he can bullshit his way to convince Jonglyo, just like he did to convince him to come to the island... there are no reason for him to come in the island. He actually postponed his Kyara killing to join Lalo, he didnt know Kyara was there since Baku and Lalo didnt know which were each others allies. Finding Kyara there was a coincidence.
For Bai Long, Ying already joined Kakerou. Lalo accepted the BAN gamble after the tower events.

3- the point is to kill a referee n°0 outside of the referee challenge by using either Bai Long or Jonglyo... It's actually pretty easy to be a referee considering the number of "weakling" we've seen so far. again, either Bai Long or Jonglyo could infiltrate the Kakarou as referee and be his exlusive one.. again, no one knew their face ( aside from Ying with Bai Long ). Same goes for Lalo. No one knew his face. Jonglyo is in a league above the n°0 position. Using both of them would ensure him the referee n°0 position.
Plus a referee taking side for a kakerou member isnt unseen by the organisation, and it's not even a death sentence...

4- We're talking about Lalo here... he has absolutly nothing to envy Baku regarding IQ, plan, manipulation etc... if Baku managed to do such thing, he's just as capable. He can still use IDEAL ressource, dont forget.

@Rooster
Lalo has been at a disanvatage position is whole BAN gamble. it's ridiculous.

Power Uploader
@Solano
Even Billy couldn't achieve karametes by himself.
The reason why Baku made it was because of the seed(L-file) he planted from many years ago, so I really don't think Lalo, he doesn't have any Japanese subordinates in his organization, can do it.

About Bǎi lóng and Jonglyo. Yeah maybe he can convince Bǎi lóng, but not Jonglyo. I mean, telling this guy to stop chasing Kyara to death but to be a spy?
Plus he won't kill people other than his target, unless they get in his way.

And then about infiltrating, it's impossible.
1. Even Billy's identity was grasped by Nowa, Kakerou will definitely investigate their backgrounds before letting them join.
2. Neither Bǎi lóng nor Jonglyo has the IQ to be a spy.
3. Being a spy + becoming No.0 takes time, these two who has more important target won't have the patience.

And don't forget that Lalo has no men stronger than Voja or smarter than Billy left.
Bǎi lóng, Jonglyo, and Floyd weren't even a Ideal member.
Robert K isn't loyal either.
All the fighters he summoned were eliminated instantly by Yakou, except for Bǎi lóng.
The one who looked like the captain and had the brain, Torpe, was easily outsmarted by Midara.

Fed-Kun's army
@xkcdhawk
I might be overthinking this but looking at pg 17 (the page after the "crack" sound) in the middle panel of the page, there's a weirdly shape object. It's looks like one third of a small flat circle. This might be the thing Baku broke. There also seems to be a piece of triangular shard next to it. It could be just a weirdly drawn air bubble, but it doesn't look like it have any dimension to it and it seems to be covered in ridges, looking nothing like a bubble.

Users who are viewing this thread