Usogui - Vol. 41 Ch. 440 - The Knowledge Carved In Abomination

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, this both seems like dumb and smart move. He squandered a good opportunity to win on the next round... but im pretty sure Lalo was just about to figure it out himself.

Insane work done by the translators in translating the carvings to English based on what was written in the comments.

Even after figuring out the law, the mind games are at another level as they figure it out. It seems that the suits chosen could be sort of random based on what the referees chose, so there is still an element of luck.

On a storytelling perspective, if we expect to see a 4th or 5th hand, then Lalo would probably win the next round or calamity things happen. Let's see what happens.

Double-page supporter
@Lithe @Veshv
Yeah, it was in Japanese. Our group leader does some amazing redrawing!

@Lithe
Good point, that also explains why Lalo's member selection for this match in the first place seemed a bit lacking, since he needs members who are both skilled at gambling and understand Japanese.

@Solano
Batch will go to 448+.

@xkcdhawk
I was thinking the same thing, but I was using a completely different hint!

The hint that stood out to me are the fact that Shion and Manabe are both the follower referees of Hal and Fukurou, so they must be near here, but we haven't seen them for some reason.

Plus from a pure story-telling perspective, if Hal vs Fukurou is a 1v1 and is happening off-screen, it doesn't make sense that it would be shown after Lalo vs Baku, since Lalo vs Baku is the most climatic way of ending this arc. So it must be happening at the same time. (Either that, or Fukurou actually complete destroys Hal off-screen and is revealed to be the true antagonist, but that sounds too random)

@Veshv @catx3
Honestly at this point, I have no idea how a 2 vs 2 work, but just thinking that from the the flow of the story, having a 2 vs 2 would make more sense than having two separate games going on (or it is indeed two separate games, and somehow the results of each affects the other, aka the catastrophe maybe?). And catx3, Veshv, I completely forgot that Shion and Manabe were the referees of Hal and Fukurou, so that would also make sense since like you guys mentioned, there is no way they would be far away from their target unless they were somehow close by and being monitored already.

Edit: If I have to add one more thing, Fukurou was known to be the Poker master of this series, so it would make even more sense if the was somehow involved in this "poker" game. This is more of a wild guess from a storytelling perspective since what better way to beat Fukurou than to beat him at his best game?

got to say, nowadays it seem there arent many manga with this level of details in terms of stories, characters and drawing anymore

Users who are viewing this thread