Usogui - Vol. 41 Ch. 444 - The Dazzling Panopticon

Dex-chan lover
Ah, so that was it. Lalo bet 2 to bait Usogui into not folding. He probably surmised that that was how the Calamity happened, like us. I'm disappointed Baku didn't catch that but it can't be helped considering the situation and the plot.

Fed-Kun's army
Is that just a dramatic way of taking away his bios? ahaha they couldve totally just had someone calmy remove it from his side. Kakerou is so extra LOL

I don't believe Baku forgot about the calamity. When he said he caught a big fish at chaptee 434, it does not mean he caught Lalo's strongest hand, rather it means that he caught a calamity not at later rounds. Baku's 4 J 1 A have the highest probability to overlap with Lalo, because so far High cards hasn't been used and generally high cards are stronger when combined into a hand.

I don't really know, but folding isn't exactly losing because you don't compare cards anyway, so a calamity may not happen because Baku did not 'lose'. Baku's Call sets Baku to lose properly and fulfill the calamity requirement.

Taking a calamity now and learning its nature now is better than leaving its occurence to luck alone in later rounds. Baku really don't like playing a game on luck alone, just like the old maid game.

From Baku's point of view, he really is in a damn if you don't, damn if you do situation. He didn't know the exact rules of the calamity. What if the calamity is triggered if you folded? What if it triggered if he didn't raise, etc. Anything could've happened and he had limited amounts of information.

I typed some stuff about 3 bios being too risky for Baku while 2 bios is just on the edge. But then I couldn't think of a reason why Lalo would do it because I didn't think that a calamity would trigger (so the bios change would be meaningless). I thought they'd have different hands but Lalo would still win. So I erased it (yeah yeah). I thought it was meaningless for Lalo. I could've had bragging rights, even if for the wrong reasons...

As for Baku, I guess he could still do the same thing except play his ace card at the last round? Fold in the 4th, win the 5th. 19 v 18 -> 23 v 14 -> 18 v 19? Yeah, seems risk-free I guess even with this calamity shitshow? At least he got to see what the whole thing was about. Did I miss something?

@Petrichormus
The numbers they used (45 and 47) have already been laid out, that is, the cards are "used" already anyway which is the outcome he'd want. Folding or not, the cards used to form those numbers are out of the pool already. Unless it won't work that way if you fold? I dunno

Dex-chan lover
@idle_af
He can't play 25 on the last round, it won't be a straight anymore, because 26 ruins it.

@Rooster
Midara was on the lower level, if this is a ref (and it should be), it's most likely Takumi. Which could be relevant since
Baku's experiences with Takumi all involve Hal, and Takumi was the referee assigned to Hal for the Ban. Might be another hint that Hal's involved in the match.

@Veshv
Yeah, but if it wasn't how I suggested, then I really can't see why Baku didn't just fold. You already explained it on your comment in Chapter 442 and I agree (even if I tried to argue against it with some garbage reasons at first). I'm just trying to come up with something else because I can't figure out why Baku didn't fold already unless
there's some janky mechanics from the 2v2 that's yet to be seen (for example, the "strongest hand possible" theory is still waiting to be discredited with the whole ~"conjectured"~ thing).

I'm just gonna go ahead and predict Baku playing 26 the next round and the hand will be a simple one-pair, "3 5 5 6 7", as stupid as the idea is.

Also, disregard this "Holy shit, it's going to be important what card to choose in the next round, for both of them" comment, Lalo would have to play 63 because if he plays 44 (Q Q Q 4 4) first he'd literally run out of cards to form 63. Is that a calamity trigger too? Or is it some other rule that I speedread past?

Dex-chan lover
Ok how the hell did you guys knew that the calamity involved losing as many Bios as you had bet and not something else?

And i guess this pretty much means that Fukurou and Hal are playing poker somewhere else and they are the ones deciding the values of the cards, however i really don't see how you could figure that before this chapter.

@Doomroar
Regarding the calamity, it's in the rules, see 2nd page of Ch 432 for the rulebook

Does anyone have any idea what'll happen if your number literally cannot form a hand of any sort? Do you just lose automatically, and that there's nothing special about it? I can't remember any mention of it in the recent chapters

Also @demondiary
I wonder if this most recent development has something to do with the random-ass silhouette mention you pointed out lol

EDIT:
I guess what happens if your number literally can't form anything because you ran out of cards isn't mentioned in the rules because that'll explicitly state what the "law" is. I'm just wondering whether or not it's different from the calamity because it's said that you have to lose "a specific way", that is, there's just one way to trigger the calamity, which is from what I've understood, is when there's a conflict in the two hands to be formed. Then again maybe this situation probably won't come up so it doesn't really matter

Dex-chan lover
@idle_af
You are right my bad, but then how did they knew that they would lose exactly 5 bios?

"If no one plays wrongly"
That sold me on a 2v2 match.
Lalo is a genius for betting 5 bios and betting for the calamity to occur.
Currently:
Lalo - Bet 5, left 9
Baku - (will likely) bet 5, left 23.

Predictions:
Calamity strikes. As Usogui/Hachina has lost, he will also lose 5 bios as well based on calamity rules.
Final Results:
Lalo - 19 Bios (won 5)
Usogui - 18 Bios (lost 5, loses 5 more)
Now, Usogui has to win both matches to win.

How did they get the exact number too? what assured them that Baku was not going to raise, but just call and end it there?

I am curious about that silhouette too.

Dex-chan lover
@idle_af
Might be dead cards. going back to this page, they said a maximum of 5 rounds. That can be taken to mean 5 rounds if both players survive, or 5 rounds if the player with the potential dead cards don't squander their chance to use it. Doubtful of that being the case, since it's something specific to Lalo, but it'd be a twist that lets Baku stay in this match.

@Doomroar
Baku knows for a fact that he loses this hand, because every assumption he's had so far meant that 47 was a royal straight flush. He'd be a fool to raise. Then again I thought he'd be a fool to so much as call, and yet here we are.

Users who are viewing this thread