Usogui - Vol. 42 Ch. 453 - The Strongest 4 Cards

Double-page supporter
@Ghetsis
Lots of interesting insights there! Those motives and character analyses seem interesting, especially about the god complex and him liking/respecting Lalo. Here are some of my random thoughts:

Some other random possibilites of his motives:
-He wants to oppose Baku for some reason, and is just teaming up with Lalo since it's convenient.
-He was bought out by Lalo, just wants money and/or thrill of gambling
-He was blackmailed by Lalo (seems to be a common trait of Lalo's allies)

Some random thoughts about him:
-He doesn't seem to care about surpassing the leader himself. Because he didn't know who Souichi was without Shion saying so, and none of the referees ever mention anything like it, even though he's been a member for a long time. Based on what we know from what Yakou said during the tower arc, he seems to simply like being a Kakerou member and having matches.
-His disappearing membership is odd. At first I thought it was for StL, but it was happening before Souichi made the rule for #0 referee being a requirement. It could also be for betting for money like with Suteguma, but that was a fake match, plus he likes to play russian roulette based on his match with Hal, so maybe he doesn't actually care for money. One plausible explanation is that maybe he simply likes to meet other Kakerou referees, so he tried to change his exclusive referee a bunch of times.

Double-page supporter
@catx
"He wants to oppose Baku for some reason" is actually probably not as arbitrary as it seems at first glance. It made me remember that he was quite disappointed and even angry with Hal showing up instead of Usogui. It's a simple motivation, but it might work for him.

@nhattminhh
I think that's Fukurou just being scared and believing that taking a second hit will break him and render him unable to think for the final round. Which makes sense; if you win round 4 you can think clearly for round 5, even if you know you will lose in round 5, because the game will be over. Hal has already taken two hits of the witch pain and seems a bit broken, but is probably still able to form a hand for Baku. Or maybe he won't be able to, and will give Baku a junk hand, throwing the entire game into chaos in the final round.

Users who are viewing this thread