Usogui - Vol. 43 Ch. 464 - An Intentional Mistake

Fed-Kun's army
@spence7865 Indeed, Hal probably wanted to secure Baku's loss. Not knowing the current air bios count, having Baku win the 4th round by luck could have thrown everything off for the last round. Thanks for explaining this!
But the first part of your reasoning only makes sense if a calamity can't happen with an invalid hand, which - I think - has not been confirmed. Or did I miss it? To my understanding, Hal's 4 4 6 6 6 could very well have triggered a calamity if Fukurou used 10 10 10 6 6 for an hypothetical 42 hand.

@jonui

As far as I know there hasn’t been confirmation on if making an invalid would still cause a calamity. I guess using a hypothetical situation to try and my prove a point is t the best since we don’t know if would have. In the end though, I think even a calamity did occur in round 4, it wouldn’t affect anything since it’s based on the amount bet and Baku folded.

Edit: upon rereading the calamity rules, I am still unsure what would happen if usogui were to fold I’m round 3. The downstairs players were told losing in a certain way would cause it. Having folding to me implies not “making” a hand at all. Sure The upstairs players would each make them, but by folding you are folding and discarding your hand.

Users who are viewing this thread