Usogui - Vol. 43 Ch. 470 - The Slave In His Heart

This Anoma guy isn't really necessary for the story except to give Lalo a poetic end. He's funny though.

I was so eager about the next bout and completely forgot about Champ and Ryusei. I'm glad Sako-sensei made them an actual character that has actual attention from the author to the very end.

470 chapters in, I feel that this recipe that Sako-sensei has is truly one of a kind imo. I got real jiggy thinking how Batuque would go since Sako-sensei already polished his storytelling with Usogui.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you very much for the batch and for more than excellent work as always, Team Duwang! See you next week with hopefully more interesting gambles/mysteries to solve.

Fed-Kun's army
WARNING: to everyone who forgot the hint regarding the "new guy's" identity. Anoma is going to crush your bones like he did with the glass. (I was so looking forward to it being brought up in the comments but no one did ): oh well).

Anyway this was an amazing arc and a nice conclusion. Thanks so much for your hard work!!!!!

Daiba is such an underrated character imo. Even though he's introduced as the scary and heartless manager, he's actually a nice dude who just wanted to make fun games. And he shows a lot of self-sacrificing tendencies, like with him shouldering the "darkness" by himself, protecting Hal and his actions in this chapter as well. I remember hating the developers in the beginning for the injustices they caused on the island but they really started to grow on me. (Though I wish the injustices were acknowledged more so they could grow from it, idk).

Cool that Arahata and AAAA might join Kakerou. I hope we get to see more of them.

The end of the chapter was really sweet. I always saw Champ as like a "replacement beginning Kaji." Because Kaji is introduced as the average relatable dude but as he gets stronger and smarter he somewhat loses that averageness. (This is mostly noticeable in the contradiction game as Champ role as bystander is similar to Kaji's during hangman.) So it is good to see him develop and grow stronger in his own way! (Same with Ryuusei, I liked both of them alot.)
The last two pages make me super emotional ;_;.... Very beautifully done.

Dex-chan lover
I was shocked that Kaji was drinking the coffee but then I remembered that Yakou actually learned how to make the damn thing after the Bull Arc, and no one realized that other than Kaji apparently. So all the referees probably think he's crazy for liking that coffee.

Anoma was actually brought up by Torpe when they ran away from No. 0 in the surprise attack, but I'm intrigued that they decided to bring him up after everything in Protoporos was said and done.

Contributor
And with this, Protoporos comes down to an end.

If you ever sat around the servers waiting for the moment your MMO closes down for good, this chapter will make you feel similar.

Double-page supporter
I really liked the time we spent with Champ. I was very happy that they made him an actual character. I agree with Ghetsis that with Kaji becoming more competent we kind of lost our "everyman" character. Champ really came a long way in this arc and it was great to see his growth.

I'm actually sad to see Lalo go here. Even in death, he's still got style. After all this, I still couldn't hate Ideal; they were too cool.

Pretty hilarious that Yakou actually became competent at brewing coffee but only Kaji knows, so everyone else keeps refusing it.

Dex-chan lover
@catx3 Hallelujah, thank you.

Is his name short for "anomaly" lol? He keeps bringing up words that are practically synonyms. I see why people in the discord liked him. And he had a beautiful suit.

Users who are viewing this thread