Usogui - Vol. 44 Ch. 474 - Leader's Attendant

Fed-Kun's army
Oh shitttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt.
I feel like the leader is just being mean to his subordinates here. Not being able to watch an epic battle like this is a fate worse than death itself.
I gotta hand it to the author. The game doesn't even start but I can already smell blood in the air.

Dex-chan lover
I love how Usogoi is lowkey Yakou's career path side-story (maybe even so intertwined with the main route that it's actually safe to say Yakou is the 2nd most important character in the manga)

Fed-Kun's army
Is it just me or does Hal seem really paranoid? It's like he's trying to guess every minute action Baku takes, and what it relates to.

Maybe Baku's right. Maybe Hal is actually scared of him.

Contributor
Hachina's leader persona comes out just like this. No doubt Hachina is probing Usogui for a reaction and running scenarios in his head.
Oh boy, I need to know what direction this is going.

Aggregator gang
It seems like Hal is overreacting to every move Baku makes, but who knows better than Hal how Baku operates?

It is also a bit strange that Hal would set up a battle royale with his own referees, especially after a bunch got injured fighting on the island. Is he using the opportunity to make Kakerou stronger? Or something else? Fortunately we as readers can watch the game no matter what...

Maybe Hal recognises that Yakou could be Baku's ally and wants to use the battle royale to worn Yakou down or get him out of the picture altogether? But yea that also shows that he considers Baku that much of a threat

Fed-Kun's army
Souichi getting paranoid and theorizing over every little thing somehow reminds me of the comment section.
Really, if Leader didn't, one of us definitely would have come up with the idea that Baku wanted to break his watch all along. ^^'

I'm just waiting for the moment Souichi calls Usogui 'Baku-san', accidentally or on purpose.

Dex-chan lover
I was considering why Leader is preventing the referees from watching the StL match. I think it's to force the specific condition of StL being collection of the loser's life. The last time StL happened, for some reason or another, Leader spared Baku. I think to prevent that sort of emotion from taking over, Leader is making it so one of them has to come out of the match dead, so that the rest of Kakerou can properly accept it. This more holds true for Baku winning than Leader winning though, since I was like 90% sure that Baku would spare Leader if he wins StL, because that fits with his ideology as we know it.

Although, that would mean the rest of Kakerou doesn't trust the presiding referee, which I doubt would be the case.

Dex-chan lover
Ahhh, but...
his indiscreet face mellowed out considerably. People love the art now, but I really liked the art back then even more (and I'll say it a million times, Caracal's intro was the epitome of the 'strangeness' and thus my absolute favorite of styles between all the style shifts this manga has had).

I take it that since the recovering of memory was presumably part of Baku's air poker gambit, we'll get Baku's viewpoint via flashbacks in this arc since that recovered memory will be even more crucial now for closure purposes.

@Veshv How does barring the other refs force that condition?

Dex-chan lover
This is honestly fucking retarded.
After 470+ chapters where everyone told us us how "It's not the money, but it's the talents inside kakerou that makes it strong", leader goes like: "Oh you know, only one of you can watch. Sooooo if you want to fight and kill each other off, go ahead."

What? This makes no sense whatsoever. Losing its precious referees.. how is that any good for kakerou?
Yeah I get it, it's cool to watch for the readers, but it still makes no sense.

Dex-chan lover
@Lithe
I was thinking that it's basically the same issue as the airplane gamble that Baku was proposing, but with a single referee instead. If both players come out of the match alive, as far as the rest of Kakerou is concerned, they're not going to know which one won StL, so it'll be hard to believe that Baku won if both of them come out alive, or that Leader spared Baku a second time. One of them has to be dead by the end of it.

At least, that was my thought process.

@Nehona
Leader said to solve it through the vests or whatever method "peacefully". He's not telling them to go ahead and kill each other.

Users who are viewing this thread