Usogui - Vol. 45 Ch. 493 - Sound Of Time

Fed-Kun's army
Belkrax asked something like this last chapter, but I also have to ask what's stopping the person playing D from just holding onto the handkerchief until the last couple of seconds? Obviously they're obligated to drop it within a minute, but I assume player C will turn around eventually, so if D's holding it for as long as possible then C will surely turn and lose often and get injected with 1 minute, right?

Edit: Actually, nevermind. Now that I think about it I guess that's part of the mind game. C would have to predict when the proper time to turn around, even if it means holding off till the last minute himself. My bad.

Double-page supporter
big lol at Kaji and Oofuna arguing whos friend is cooler. Honestly wouldn't mind seeing them gamble against each other or at least interact more

I wonder if this was another one of Baku's seeds being planted. It stands within reason that he would expect Yakou to distrust anything that was in the room because Kaji could have tampered with it, forcing them to rely on something else. He might have predicted that the drop the handkerchief game would require a timer for the players (and that Hal would ask for one), and after destroying Hal's clock, they would have to use the tower's clock. But since Kaji was there, Yakou would obviously think he tampered with the clock somehow, and would put it away, instead relying on the PA system (that Baku knew was there from the meeting) and a sound clock rather than a visual. He might also be trying to mindgame them with the plum and make them think he definitely tampered with anything in the tower through Kaji, even though he didn't.

Aggregator gang
I was thinking, they did not ask if it is possible to *check* immediately after the clock is started and get 0 seconds penalty. So if you wanted to throw off your opponent you would "lose" but there would be no consequence so you could switch to being D. Of course with what Leader was thinking about, manipulating the questions, he may have brought up the drop at zero seconds question to provoke Baku to think of the check at zero seconds option. There is also whether Kaji really manipulated that clock in the tower or whether his presence just was enough to convince Yakou it was unsafe and switch to another timing method. But what advantage is using the speaking clock & Fukurou at this point? Too many things to consider and they haven't even started playing yet...

DQM

@hollyguild
What the hell are you talking about? If C fails, 1 minute will be added to the cylinder and C will be injected. Even if the accumilated time is 0, C will still die for 1 minute.

Double-page supporter
If you check before the handkerchief is dropped, regardless of how much time has passed, a minute of time is added into the cylinder and you get injected with it immediately. they can't just check right away and get a 0 second penalty, it'll be a minute at least, more if they had any previously stored time from earlier rounds. this is an unavoidable punishment. the accumulated time is just if you check late, you don't get injected, but X seconds get added to the cylinder (which will be injected either the next time you fail or when the cylinder fills).

the thing i would want clarification on is that Yakou says he will start the timer when the handkerchief hits the floor. what happens if you turn around to check right as the person is dropping it, in the split second before it hits the floor? would this just count as a 1 second accumulated time like in Yakou's scenario, or would it be a loss since it hasn't hit the floor yet?

There's a few obvious strategies I can see being used in the game..
The first one is for D to wait until the last second to drop and try to get C to check in the 59 seconds.
Going off from this, since this could be a likely strategy by D, C would be hesitant to check early. So, D could drop in the first second and rely on C's reluctance to accumulate the drug.
But since these guys are like geniuses, they would have already thought of all this and more.
So, this game seems full of bluffing and just fucking awesome stuff.

Dex-chan lover
I also wanted to know if catching the handkerchief in midair right after you dropped it was an applicable strategy, or holding it closer to the ground, throwing it somewhere else, etc.

May I get the batch-ending chapter?

Aggregator gang
The "Magician Choice" is commonly called a "Force", you might need it if it becomes a common term later on.

Double-page supporter
@Lithe "I also wanted to know if catching the handkerchief in midair right after you dropped it was an applicable strategy, or holding it closer to the ground, throwing it somewhere else, etc."
Seems like it should be, yakou said timing doesn't start until it touches the ground which implies that's the literal condition for it to be considered dropped

Can't help but feel that Kaji's mere presence was meant to throw off Yakou into using the system clock with Fukuou but I can''t quite wrap my head around the larger implications of it.

Double-page supporter
@Lithe
~496!

@Strig
Yeah, I had the same thought. Seems like Souichi missed it and thought it was the opposite too. Maybe the clue is hidden in how Baku was emphasizing that "no other sounds should come out of it"?

Users who are viewing this thread