Usogui - Vol. 47 Ch. 511 - The Second Death

Fed-Kun's army
Abandon building, huh? I first thought that creature is Marco but it seems too scrawny to be him. It might be Tarou but I don't see why Baki is afraid him. Since Baki "died", maybe Baki see death as a life without his allies and the abandon building here is where Baki don't have Kaij or Marco by his side? Maybe this is leading to how Kaij and Marco can/have already help with Baki's comeback somehow? The whole thing on the Greenland Shark is the weird thing in this entire chapter though.

Awesome dream sequence! Some of my observations:

- On page 12 Baku walked past 6 potted trees, probably signifying that it's the same abandoned building in Roppongi where Hal died

- The silhouette could be the imperfect form of Leader's shadow, the "who are you" perhaps related to his memory issue. I really wonder what "was it just me" refers to, and what is contained in the safe he was trying to open.

- Lots of cool facts about greenland sharks (huge, old, etc.), but most interesting to me is how they have parasites attached to the corneas that cause severe visual impairment. People taking advantage of Souichi / Kakerou? I'm looking at you, Nowas.

- Right before the dream started, is that Yakou's silhouette on top left? I'm guessing that means Baku has already considered him dead. And why is Lalo not there?

Aggregator gang
I thought the 6 potted trees/shrubs at the beginning of the death-dream were going to be a sign for something, but maybe not.

Dex-chan lover
Isnt "WHOAREYOU" Eba? Look at how big one if the eyes is, like a monocle.

Greenland sharks' flesh is toxic, shadow represents the leader and how Baku, aka Usogui, aka The Lie Eater, trying to eat him is like Baku killing himself?

@belkrax that crossed my mind too but more in the sense that when Souichi's memory is freshly wiped, he can only rely on the memory implanted by Eba.

"If he finds you, you'll die" probably means Baku will lose if Souichi's memory is reset again - perhaps to do with the "wedge" and "seeds" that Baku had been working on for years.

Fed-Kun's army
@belkrax
Yeah, it looks like it.

Not only that, but one of the panels has guns mounted on the wall, similar to the ones Eba was near when he was preparing to rescue Souichi (ch 322). In fact, now that I looked back at that chapter, Eba is shown looking at a door with a question mark. So like, was Baku actually there at that time then?

Double-page supporter
I'm a big fan of the dream sequences in this manga. It always helps keep the current mysteries alive by getting cut off at crucial points.

One thing I'm struck by is how much Sadakuni and Mekama show up in his dream sequences. Hangman seems to weigh on his psyche a lot.

@belkrax
It definitely is Eba. What I'm taking from this dream sequence is that Baku has found his way into Eba's abandoned building (its likely he was able to decipher The Prince Bee), and has enough foreknowledge to know that if Eba catches him tresspassing, he'll be killed.

Contributor
I like how the art is reminiscent to the older drawings of Baku. It almost feels like the artist dumbed down his artstyle just to draw this dream sequence.

Dex-chan lover
@BossCrab I think it might be because Sadakuni was a liar but wasn't like, evil like Amako, nor insane like Lalo, nor survived like Suteguma. So it's the kind of person who maybe weights a bit more on his conciousness. Perhaps it could be too that the last Baku saw of Sadakuni was Sadakuni crying when facing death, and the thought of death seems to be following Baku very closely.

Users who are viewing this thread