Usogui - Vol. 47 Ch. 514 - An Extraordinary Person

I don't think it's that hard to go around echolocation. Baku can just step on the handkerchief, eliminating the handkerchief shape before leader use his tsk tsk. He can put his hands to his pocket too to avoid the echolocation scanning his hand. He can cover the handkerchief with his suit etc. So many ways.. as long as Baku figure out the ability that is..

That's the technical part, but I'm sure Baku has a plan to go around this psychologically as well. *is there a way to make Leader overestimate/doubt himself and make him not use the echolocation?* something along those lines i guess?

Dex-chan lover
I mean, considering the eye cameras, sinesthesia, time-stop levels of reaction time, superhuman strength, superpowered insomnia...

Echolocation seems pretty tame.
Also once Baku stops shitting himself and figures it out I'm sure there are countermeasures. Maybe making a big noise at the same time you drop it. Or droping it in a retardedly slow way.

PD: So basically Eiko wanted to try to get rid of Hal because she knew Hal existence would cause Tatsuki's death, but Tatsuki said "that's pretty awesome anyways". Then Hal survived and Eiko didn't had any grudge about it, it was fate?
Thats how I interpret it.

I just want to point out that, the OPness of leader's ability is not that he can do echolocation, he willfully learnt it. His ability is still controlled forgetfulness, echolocation is just one ability he learned based on that control. Heck, I think leader can learn most of superhuman ability if he can figure out what to forget and what to control. It just happen to be that on this gamble he just needed echolocation and prediction. Baku's ability is still more OP though, haha.

I think countermeasuring leader's ability is more complicated than disrupting/exploiting the echolocation. At this point the person is literally a walking super lie detector. He can hear the rythms of people's heart and predict what they're thinking. Don't you guys remember how leader is making comments on the referee from another room?

@belkrax
PD: So basically Eiko wanted to try to get rid of Hal because she knew Hal existence would cause Tatsuki's death, but Tatsuki said "that's pretty awesome anyways". Then Hal survived and Eiko didn't had any grudge about it, it was fate?
Thats how I interpret it.

your interpretation is correct since she whispered when dying, <<you won>>. it can only be adressed to Hal considering all she had said before..
The battle was her against hal to save or to kill Tatsuki.

The nigga can forget how to see so he can use echo location. That's gangsta. Ruff rufff. Wu tang.

Dex-chan lover
Is there any rules against just making as much noise as possible to disrupt the echolocation? Even bats can get stunned and confused due to loud noises.

Dex-chan lover
I'm amused that he put a limit on it such as needing to forget to see. It could have easily been that he had enough brainpower to allocate to hearing "just because".
OPness would mostly depend on how good the ability is now. He did have to work out the kinks so it's likely not that clear as far as sensing is concerned.

Sako Toshio sure likes his causality.

Leader has trespassed into the domain of extraordinary humans.

Well. Only luck can save Baku now.

Dex-chan lover
"I have the power to change people, and give them what they lack"
"Oops, you had some shitty destiny, nothing i can do there pal, thanks for the money tho"

If her power of foresight was so good, what about telling them there was nothing to do first before taking their money and getting in that situation?

The idea that she saw all of that coming and planned getting killed on camera so that her kid would get the idea that he was blessed by fate because her mother orchestrated her own execution, in an elaborate plan of self sacrifice to manipulate some fate that she herself already admits can't be changed, is quite dumb.

Users who are viewing this thread