Usogui - Vol. 47 Ch. 515 - The Effort He's Been Putting In

Dex-chan lover
You know shit is going down when Leader pulls out the second rubiks cube. Seems like Baku is indeed going for the echolocation counter for now. Thank you guys for the batch, as always.

Baku has the bandages from when his finger was cut off, so I think he will unravel them and drop them to make leader think the handkerchief is dropped

Hmm, I guess Baku could just sit down and drop the handkerchief behind his back to counter echolocation?

Thanks Team Duwang for the batch, always very much appreciated!

Dex-chan lover
As soon as I saw those images of Baku looking like a dead man walking, I knew that it was just setting him up for a counter attack. Can't wait to see what Baku has in mind.

If Baku dropped the handkerchief and put his body in front of it. Leader's echolocation can't detect it. Now Baku just needed to fool his own heart not to be read by leader.

I doubt he's hiding the handkerchief behind his back, that's not how sound waves work. It's not a straight path like light waves, it's spreading in a wave motion.

I think I'll go with the idea of dropping something else like his bandages to do the fake out.

Dex-chan lover
anyone have an idea what does he mean on page 6 about something lower?

Fed-Kun's army
i like how all the super smart people will realise that Leader is mentally solving TWO Rubik's cubes over and over but every normal person would see a strange and intimidating man wriggling his fingers

Dex-chan lover
Their reasoning is confusing me. Now that Baku has been revived a second time, wasn't it basically established from here on the all out 'safe strategy'? He has effectively 4 turns left to get leader to falter, or so I'd think the characters were thinking. What is the actual threat now other than that that causes them to be worried - well aside from just being normally worried that now he's kind-of in the corner, well and truly.

Glad the narrator finally announced the counter. I'm getting excited.

@goodknife I'm guessing Baku is speculating how Leader is decreasing the time squandered.

Dex-chan lover
HAHAHAHAHA holly shit did Baku sat on top of his handkerchief? oh man, that's next level plays.

Anyway i need a resume on Eko.

As i understood, she was in love with Tatsuki and got the idea that her son Souichi would be the cause of Tatsuki getting an early end, so she elaborated a plan to get a free abortion, with the perfect excuse of it being an accident caused by other people, in order to alter destiny (which she also believes can't be changed), by killing her son Tatsuki would have a longer life, and her plan failed, Souichi survived and so she admits defeat.

Not the greatest mother nor lover.

Her plan involved claiming that she was able to change people, within a system in which some destinies were also unable to change, the people with unchangeable destinies would lose their money to her and get nothing in return other than the bleak news of their destiny being shitty and unchanging, which of course made those people develop deep grudges against her. The people with a grudge would attempt to kill her, fail and end killing her unborn son instead, since it would take place on camera she would have the evidence to say that the whole event was all on the people who attacked her, and that she was just a victim, getting rid of any responsibility for the miscarriage.

But her plan failed, she was the one who died, and Souichi survived.

Again not the greatest mother. Neither the greatest gambler, nor the greatest prophet.

Later on Souichi would watch the video of her mom's crazy plan and rambling, and learns about echolocation which would inspire him to learn how to do it, and he also gets the idea that his fate is set in stone for greatness, after all not even his mother could alter it (and her whole business model was to use casualty to change the future, future which she allegedly could see), which also feeds into his complex of trying to be perfect, after all now he has to live up to his destiny of greatness.

So did Tatsuki knew that Eko was planning all that, and just let her go with it? He does call her a bad woman, but the fact that he let her do it means he wasn't any better than her.

Also do you guys think that deepdown Souichi himself also belives on destiny being able to change, or did he eat up his mothers hypothesis and completely belies that he can perfectly predict the unchanging future? but of course with better accuracy than his mother who clearly failed her plan.

Double-page supporter
Thanks Team Duwang for the batch and your hard work as always. I really don't want this manga to end, it's been fun sharing the experience with everyone.

@Doomroar
Close, but I'm pretty sure Eko was resolved to die, she knew she was never going to get away from the attackers. The gamble was whether or not Souichi would survive the attack as well. People in the studio managed to intervene and save the baby, so she lost. She definitely intends to die; she says that if she accepts her karma and is killed by the people whose lives she ruined, maybe the fact that Souichi will kill Tatsuki will disappear. She is resolved to accept this fate no matter what, but believes that if Souichi is truly extraordinary, he would survive and live on.

I think the reason Eko believes destinies can change is because she had originally forseen Tatsuki's age of death, but when she became pregnant, her visions changed so that Tatsuki would die earlier than her initial prediction, and it would be directly as a result of Souichi's actions. In trying to die, she is trying to avoid her second vision, and either A effectively "choose" Tatsuki over her unborn child, or B accept all the karma and misfortune onto herself instead of onto Souichi and Tatsuki. I think in death, she sees all of Souichi's possibilities before him, implying she thinks he does have choices and different paths for his life. Remember that Eko is an admitted fraudster; she probably only believed some of what she was telling people, not all of it.

I don't believe Tatsuki knew exactly what Eko was planning; he just said she looked like she was planning something. Tatsuki seemed very much like someone who admires the strong doing what they like in life, so he probably had no intentions of stopping whatever she wanted to do. Remember, he admired Kyara for being strong enough to just do what he liked, which is one of the reasons he stepped down to become a ref and accept that karma onto himself. He also believed Souichi was extraordinary, so even if he knew she was trying to kill him, he probably figured Souichi would survive.

I think Souichi does indeed believe in a destiny of sorts. Being from the Kiruma bloodline he probably did not require any extra prodding from Eko to believe he was great, the entire power of Kakerou was pretty much at his beck and call since he was a child and knew he would ascend to the position of Leader someday. His belief in a kind of "destiny" was probably reinforced when he gambled with Fukurou. If he had won he would have abandoned Souichi and continued living as Hal. But he lost, and since Eba was able to reimprint on him, he probably believed that he must live as Souichi (until he lost his memory again). That being said, with the way he's talking, I don't know if he's trying to convince Baku, or himself. I think he still has doubt in his heart about it, and repeatedly kept expressing to Oofuna and Baku that he was hoping to live as Hachina and Hal just a little bit longer before StL.

Users who are viewing this thread