Usogui - Vol. 48 Ch. 526 - The Man Who Died First

Fed-Kun's army
@Solano
This memory loss is not quite like the others, Kiruma loss his memory during his near death. Considering the fact that Kiruma have past experiences of memory loss (making him more susceptible to losing his memory) with the fact that in reality, patient can suffer memory loss or even amnesia after cpr if their heart stop due to something like a heart attack/cardiac arrest, it's not suspicious to think that the near death will cause Kiruma to lose his memory. Plus, his memory loss is due to a psychological trigger of him not being perfect. In a gamble with someone like Baku, it's not surprising that Kiruma will not be able to be perfect and outwit Baku in this entire gamble. To add to the fact that Baku plan it to be one month since his previous memory loss, all these I think give at least a higher than average chance of Kiruma losing his memory in this match. Of course this is assuming Baku know about the psychological trigger as well.

Group Leader
A meticulously arranged plan that would have gone completely down the drain if even one thing had gone wrong. Precarious, yet perfect. The ultimate plan, and the ultimate gamble. If you set realism aside, it's so good it hurts.

Dex-chan lover
Wait isn't the "sure death" time 5 minutes? So doesn't that mean Leader still has 2 seconds left to turn the table?

Dex-chan lover
@BossCrab Agreed. Also, as some people have already pointed out I think the thing that set apart the Tower Arc memory loss from the ones before was the length of memory lost, I think this might have been the first time Souichi lost enough memory to forget Eba's death, since Baku had admittedly been waiting a long time for that bookstore trick to work. Also, if that was the first time and the memory loss Souichi had in recent chapters was also severe enough to have him forget Eba's death, then both times it happened when Usogui was involved, which could make sense if Souichi subconsciously thought that he had to lose so much memory to make up for losing to Usogui (maybe because that's the first time they properly met, or the first time he was defeated by him or at all).

Hilarious how one chapter was all it took to turn all the haters into believers.

@Moonbunne Yes, but I would've been equally worried about the outcome of this match if it had gone a few seconds over 5 minutes, I mean it seems like kind of an arbitrary line to be making, and even though it probably isn't arbitrary, I'm sure that it's not such an absolute line where anything under 5 minutes is still survivable and anything after is certain death. So I kind of suspect that Leader will come back from this one once again, which makes me wonder if Baku has anything planned in that case... Exciting regardless.

Obligatory: batch length?

Fed-Kun's army
Thank God Usogui explains the tricks which were employed in the chapters, I wouldn't have caught 90% of them.

Users who are viewing this thread