Usogui - Vol. 49 Ch. 539 - Plan A

Thanks a alot Team Duwang. You know the first time I read usogui was at my junior high. In ten years I was mesmerizing by this one, verry happy I can finish it till the end. Crazy ride

tks for all the hard work Team Duwang.

the ending was perfect. I am surprised some here expected a "hollywood happy end" cliche last chapter lol.

Also this wasn't axed, Sako Toshio came to the end of the story. If it was axed, why did the last 6 covers have CLIMAX wrote on the cover? He literally signaled the ending of Usogui on the cover as the peak of the story had been reached, and he probably left it open ended in the case he ever wanted to return to it, which he has said that a spinoff is possible.

Supporter
A strange ending but it definitely left me with a smile.
This really was one of the great ones.

Everyone upvote it so people will find it even years later when searching by user rating (this was how I discovered Helck here)!

MYW

At first I was a little confused by the direction of the ending but I get it now, and boy is it sweet. Basically what we're seeing here is Baku pulling off the same plan he always does on an even larger scale.

Every single arc of Usogui goes like this:
He sets stuff up, plants seeds.
He "loses" BIG and inserts a "wedge"
his seeds sprout
and he makes a comeback.

So for this "arc"
First he plants the seeds.
First is the loss where he isn't strong enough, but inflicts a wedge (losing his heart)
Then, he builds up allies after losing (literally the whole story. Now he's obtained kakerou as the strong ally.)

Here's the difference:
Then he takes on the challenge for real, but this time he had to lose twice, because the first time wasn't enough.
This is so that Hal can complete HIS process of losing and becoming stronger for it. And it also removes him from the picture (I assume the doctor presumes Baku is dead.) Even the author pretends he's dead for a second.

But of course he isn't dead, that's all part of the plan.

and NOW, now that EVERYONE has taken their big Ls and came back even stronger, now is the time for the big, big big comeback.

You don't need the details, you've seen Baku work. You know what's going on. It's all plans, ALL THE WAY DOWN>

I drew some MSPAINT bullshit.
Bbb3NHx.png

BUT THEN

93pwsW5.png

AND THEN?

xQEltUD.png

Dex-chan lover
A conclusion that really makes you think about what's going on. Fitting for the story that made you rethink everything every step of the way.

Huge thanks to Team Duwang for doing such a wonderful translation job!

HOLY SHIT SONVABITCH I STARTED THIS IN 2018 YO IM GONNA CRY BLOOD

oh my god it's over, i can't believe it. thanks so much team duwang, you guys really went above and beyond. truly the best manga i've ever read

midara best referee btw

i think this is my first time posting a comment, but i want to say thanks to team duwang and every member of this great community.
i'm going to miss reloading the page every day to see if the new batch has started or coming back a few hours later to lurk through the new comments and read the theories you guys always post.
sorry for the bad english but im hoping you guys keep translating stuff.
tons of love from argentina

So, Baku's endgame was basically fullfilling the "Prince Bee" tale/prophecy playing the role of the rival prince? Also, there is a chance that Hal's monthly memory loss has been fixed by his almost-death experience (maybe this was the best outcome Baku was hoping for, since he was aware of Hal's condition after reading the medical report inside the PC in the anthill and speculated that "death" was a likely cure)?
Btw, it looks like Baku's team and Kakerou are in the same building (the floor tiles on pg. 7 and pg. 18 are the same), so they're actually collaborating in this round against Vehizoma, like the prince bees.
Thanks for the TL team Duwang, been a silent follower for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread