Usogui - Vol. 49 Ch. 539 - Plan A

Dex-chan lover
Oh God... the last chapter seems quite out of place compared to the build up that the last arc had shown...

Wanna complain, but Author kun really like to troll me apparently. So, I accept my loss by thinking baku journey has ended last chapter.

Well done author kun. Well done Duwang Scans. Well done comment section (49 volumes but no toxic shit ever happened in this comment section).

You guys are the best.

See you space cowboy.

Contributor
Hell yeah! It's been years! So many years since this journey has started. This last chapter really did fool me into thinking everyone had started to hit their bottom most, but Usogui remains true to what it's about. It's the gamble, the strive, and the journey to achieve. I'm fine with an open ending that leaves room for a sequel. I'm glad that our boys are still following the excitement and camaraderie that Usogui has inspired in everyone. I'm so glad. Thank you Duwang. Duwang, you put up with so much and did so much for so long. I'm really glad. Thank you. Thank you. I hope to see more from you guys in the future. There are some stories that I won't ever forget and this is one of them.

Ty Sako Toshio for Usogui. Ty Team Duwang for the translation and amazing chapter/arc summaries. This series was amazing, probly some of the most creative gambles in manga

Thank you so much for this journey, both author and the scanlation team. Overall, I enjoyed it ^^

Glad to have shared this with you lads, thanks for all the hard work Team Duwang. So long for now fellas.

Fed-Kun's army
Damn! I couldn't read this chapter until after I got out of work. And so many comments have been posted too.

Anyway, I got to say, this ending was a lot more open ended than I expected. I actually like that. I was worried I'd be disappointed considering how quickly things seemed to be finishing up.

As for the contents of the ending itself, I do like how there's still stronger opponents out there for both Baku and Hal to tackle. And correct me if I'm wrong, but they look as if they're truly working in cooperation with each other (though I guess you could claim they always had been in some fashion). However, if I were to make at least one criticism, I wish we would've saw more insight and perhaps development for the both of them as characters. I don't know, I just feel like there could've been more moments where either of them had overcome some of their more glaring character flaws (Hal being too obsessive with perfection for example). Oh well. Needless to say I still relatively satisfied.

I honestly can't believe this series is finally over. I've said this before, but I've following Usogui for years now (maybe around 5 or 6). When EG scans dropped it, I was convinced there would never be another translation. I figured this series would get lost in the sea of other unfinished manga translations. Thankfully that didn't happen and I was able to see this to its conclusion. It is sad to see it go though. Not too many series come around that I get this invested in.

With that being said, I really do appreciate the fantastic work and effort that was put into this, Team Duwang. Thank you.

Dex-chan lover
THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP YEAAAHHH
So wait...is Baku still Leader in the shadows and Hal is his attendant/rep or are they both leaders

Can't believe it's over. I started reading this back during the Hangman arc, hundreds of chapters ago. Best gambling/mindgame story I've ever read.
Thank you to Team Duwang for taking this series to the finish.
Also thanks to people in the comments for the great discussions. I didn't take part but I was lurking.
I like happy endings so it's good to know Baku is still out there pulling off crazy plans as usual.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah they are definitely working together. Not sure what is the situation with Kakerou's leadership though. Baku resigned? Are they both leaders now, or Baku leads from the shadows while Hal acts as the face of the organization?

Aggregator gang
I like an open-ended ending. After all, in gambling you never really finish. There's always another gamble. And Sako Toshio messes with us one last time making us think Usogui is dead. I'm so happy everyone makes it to the ending. Group hug!!!

Thanks for staying classy, everyone in the comment section. Thank you Duwang for sticking with it for so long and being so reliable. And thank you to Sako Toshio for coming up with such cool characters and one of the best "death game" manga out there.

Dex-chan lover
@belkrax I think that's the case, they are equals but Baku is the one in the shadows while Hal is the face of Kakerou. If anything I feel like the point of the 2nd StL is for Baku to teach Hal that gambling isn't a chain of calculations you can get right 100% of the time

Double-page supporter
speaking of heartrates
what a save, what a journey

team duwang you are TL heroes

Group Leader
God, what an ending. Really makes you feel like if this series had been adapted into a popular anime, it could have kept on going even after the end of the manga with all kinds of extra arcs filling in the blanks of things that happened in the past along with the fight against Vehizoma.

Edit: Ahh, so I guess the person that appeared at the battle between Baku and the Russian mob was Gonen, based on what you can see of his clothing on Pg 16 of Ch 537 and what he says on Pg 8 of Ch 538. What I find most interesting, though, is how his silhouette seems so much like Kyara's on Pg 11 of Ch 538.

man i really like the twist when they show kaji being depress like his life goes downhill after split off from baku but turn out it's not
author you sly

💀Im crying. Tears of joy. Hahaha.

You are such a liar, Sako Toshio!

Thanks for the meal, Team Duwang! Itadakimasu!

😙

Haven't caught up yet, just surprised to see The End. I've been reading this manga off and on for so many years, never thought I'd see the day. Thank you so much!

Users who are viewing this thread