Usogui - Vol. 49 Ch. 539 - Plan A

Can anyone explain the part in 538 where they were showing as if usogui was dying?
And man what is up with gonen, he is like usogui and kyara mashed into one

Aggregator gang
Heck of a marathon from Team Duwang. Over 400 chapters released in less than three years. Great job.

Dex-chan lover
Wait...one question. If Eba is the one who wrote prince bee, does this mean he ACTUALLY knew Baku was there but let him off for the chance that they might eventually work together?

@Moonbunne no the only one who seemed to know that there could've been a duo was Eko that inspired the actions of Eba who was listening to her interview while writing Prince Bee and Baku who was charmed by her recording to follow her plan.

Thank you Sako Toshio, Thank you Team Duwang, Thanks to all the commentators here for their theories. It was most wonderful reading. Hope Mr Sako will someday return to Usogui.

Dex-chan lover
Incredible series. Thanks so much to Team Duwang and Sako Toshio.

Dex-chan lover
So glad you guys picked this up. Of all the series EG scans had ever translated, this was my favorite. I even remember realizing I hadn't followed it here until I saw it magically show up on the front page thanks to Team Duwang.

When I think about it, even during the EG days, I remember wondering about Ideal, and consequently other organizations that must exist. And lo and behold, the vices and an open ending. All in all, fantastic ending.

I may have expressed gripes about the storytelling style in chapters past and that opinion has not changed, but Usogui is without a doubt my second favorite story of all time (and #1 for art style).

Dex-chan lover
@darkknight42062

I need to tell the backstory first before answering your question.

So it's basically like this:
Gonen is Baku's father. He's the one who draw the joker card.
Remember when he said "I ever bet my life once"? He actually meant the donor game where Baku had a gamble against him. The wager is Vehizoma Leader position (consider it as Vehizoma STL) and Baku's heart.

That's also the reason of why the referee got surprised (well, he's so similar with Baku) while Baku is not really surprised. He knew that after fighting the Vices leader... Gonen will appear eventually in front of Baku. Seeing him again, it's natural for Baku's heart to feel pain. And that's what Author kun depicted as "dying" (good job in deceiving me author Kun).

@rennov It’s never confirmed that Gonen is Baku’s father. Gonen’s appearance being similar to Baku’s is explained by the “organ having its own consciousness” thing in this chapter. And an interview confirmed that Gonen did not look like that before and because of the heart transplant he started gradually looking like Baku. ( Link to source . Also @Ghetsis is the one who kindly found this and translated it for me!). So Gonen is likely not Baku’s dad.

Also the wager between Baku and Gonen might have not been the heart and the Vehizoma leader position, because Baku possibly received the heart before Vehizoma existed. Vehizoma was formed 10 years ago and Baku may have already had the diseased heart 10 years ago during the 1998 flashback (because he was already eating kariume/the medicine (???) when he met Kyara and his stamina was poor when he met Hal). But it’s kind of unclear either way.

Dex-chan lover
@Kirakirakirakay

Yes. It's just speculation from my part, but the age match (he's like in Tatsuki-tier level), and if there's someone who can beat Usogui in gamble, he must be someone who has special "Bloodline" (Baku's bloodline in this case). Plus, we never know the history of his parents, right?

As for the wager, if we want to stretch back his ideal to make the world become more peaceful and safer, you can see all of his gamble is connected to make how the world become more peaceful (except the Tower arc since it's for the sake of karamete preparation). That meant his gamble with Gonen must also relate to this ideal too. He's the Vices Leader for all we know... what other great reason for betting your heart than surpassing Gonen and becoming the Vices Leader?

Really Thank you Team Duwang ♥ . . . This is a part of things that keep me going through life . . . Hope you guys the best >:D

Can somebody tell me if it’s worth giving this manga a try? And please tell me exactly why . I am seriously considering, but it’s really a long manga. It’s definitely going to be extremely time consuming that’s a given. But I don’t want to waste my time reading it, only to find out that it sucked and that I wasted time that I can never get back.
I am honestly, whole heartedly asking this question out of curiosity. Thanks 🙏 in advance 😊

Users who are viewing this thread