Usotsuki Android - Vol. 3 Ch. 18 - Angry Enough to Blow Away The Doldrums

picked up for cute comedy
didn't expect it to be one of the hypest ongoing manga

Dex-chan lover
Who expected this when going into this manga? Not me apparently.

Fed-Kun's army
Well, the way she talks that having a carefree life is unforgivable is like when a person hates something because because they can't achieve it. Not that I blame her for doing so, she must have some certain past background like many other characters in manga. But man, excessive enviousness is scary if I'd say so myself.

Thanks for the update, please continue translating this manga really love it. Thank you translators can't wait for the next update.

Dex-chan lover
contrary to popular belief there doesn't have to be a redemption arc

Dex-chan lover
To comment on the somewhat random note at the end:
For the days of the week, they're all based on the English names, though you need to do a bit of digging for the source of some of the English names and how they relate. Saturday is among the easier ones like Sunday and Monday, it straight up uses the same kanji as Saturn. The rest are similarly named after planets, but more indirectly as they're named after gods with no other direct common point in Japanese and conveniently complete the 5 classical elements

Tuesday was named after TIu (Tyr) who came to be identified as Mars by the Romans. The kanji used for Mars means fire.
Wednesday is named after Wotan (Odin) who came to be identified as Mercury. The kanji used to represent Mercury means water.
Thursday is Thor's day. Thor is a god of lightning, and in the 5 classical elements, lightning belongs to the wood attribute.
Friday is named for Frigg, a goddess attributed to beauty much like Aphrodite and Venus. The kanji for Venus means gold, which fills in for metal.
Saturday is Saturn, which is represented by the kanji for soil to fill in for the earth element.

I cannot say for sure which way these associations go, or if they happened by sheer chance, but they are all at least loosely based on the English names.
Most interestingly, if you dig a bit more broadly you'll find that the gods the days are named for actually all have some relation to the element used to represent them, much like Thor, that's usually even simpler than the planet names that are easier to find. eg Tyr is a god of justice, and justice used to represented most commonly by flames.

Dex-chan lover
Hoho... looks like she's gonna be coming back someday

Dex-chan lover
I would like Hana's backstory for my next week's dinner. Also, please, add Hana to the team, even better if she changes schools. Thank you very much

That’s some calm and insightful conversation from Hana considering Yuzu just went full Michael Bay on her hideout and walked off.

Users who are viewing this thread