Usotsuki Satsuki wa Shi ga Mieru - Vol. 9 Ch. 79 - Reason

Supporter
I hate to break it to you girl, but that’s not death following you, that’s you getting notified that they’re about to die. You’re the same as her, only difference is she gets enough information to stop it, you don’t.

Dex-chan lover
I hate to break it to you girl, but that’s not death following you, that’s you getting notified that they’re about to die. You’re the same as her, only difference is she gets enough information to stop it, you don’t.
That actually makes the problem of “way too many people are dying this close together” come back though. If Komachi was a supernatural cause that would at least attempt to explain that.

Dex-chan lover
P.20 - the translation seems a bit awkward and possibly mis-translated... at what seems like an important plot point in the story. Does anyone know the original Japanese for these lines?: "You can't touch it or pull it off, but when I go it follows slowly"

Dex-chan lover
Shi ni Aruki II: Birdie's Revenge.
rnk9fy.png

Dex-chan lover
By that token, wouldn't that make Satsuki a natural friend and ally for Komachi? One has (Hijiri from Iris Zero's power) foresight of death for a longer time span and the other has all the info on how the death happened, but only almost when it happens!

Oh, and prez's killing spree was indeed completely futile. Glad he bit it

Group Leader
not exactly, what she see's is the aura of death (that they'll die soon) spreading on living people around her whereas our femmc only sees the corpses of the people who died in the future

Dex-chan lover
No, she isn't like Satsuki who only sees death, Komachi sees everything, what she is describing is from simple superficial injury to death, and Satsuki didn't saw so many deaths until high school,
Now imagine if a child started blabbering that all around, she would be interned like some crazy person so i get why her mother asked her to lie, as a way to protect herself;

Thank you for your work!

Dex-chan lover
By that token, wouldn't that make Satsuki a natural friend and ally for Komachi?
On the one hand, sure. On the other hand, Komachi has several problems being around Satsuki.

For example, being around Satsuki forces her to be extremely aware of the avoidable nature of the deaths around her. She can't simply close off her heart and pretend she doesn't see because she doesn't think there's anything to do about it because Satsuki is there doing something about it, declaring that even one person dying is too much.

For another, because her curse interacts with Satsuki's power, what she ends up doing is creating a bunch of work and pain for Satsuki simply by existing. Her presence makes Satsuki's life noticeably worse, at least from her perspective.

So, yeah, Satsuki is her natural ally, but only in a way that makes her want to kill herself.

Group Leader
P.20 - the translation seems a bit awkward and possibly mis-translated... at what seems like an important plot point in the story. Does anyone know the original Japanese for these lines?: "You can't touch it or pull it off, but when I go it follows slowly"
こま子のほうにゆっくり流れてくる。
She's a little kid explaining the barely intelligible concept that the magic death gas she sees everywhere follows her around and sticks to anyone in its way until they die. It's not as refined as you're expecting. Again, she's a little kid. This flashback arc surely isn't over and she'll probably have a clearer understanding of her power in time.

By that token, wouldn't that make Satsuki a natural friend and ally for Komachi? One has (Hijiri from Iris Zero's power) foresight of death for a longer time span and the other has all the info on how the death happened, but only almost when it happens!

Oh, and prez's killing spree was indeed completely futile. Glad he bit it
Yeah their powers are surprisingly complimentary. One can see long-term death buildup and the other can get detailed information on how to stop it last-minute. This chapter did a whole lot for turning Komachi back to a tragic figure instead of being a menacing little weirdo.

The big question I have is: if Satsuki saves someone, does that remove the death buildup? Or is the whole school just coated in black to Komachi at this point? And I'm guessing she can't see her own death at all.

Also it's just one final(?) confirmation Prez's death chain theory was little more than a coping mechanism to justify his murders. That theory had its contradictions, like how the deaths didn't stop after Michiru, so it's not too surprising. Meanwhile there was so much evidence Komachi was another Tokiko it seemed like a red herring.

Dex-chan lover
Well, I’m pretty sure some people already called it by saying that maybe Komachi is the reason deaths are going on so much at school and not Satsuki. But her having a somewhat similar power to the President and Satsuki, but hers being more obscure was pretty surprising. It marks the person everywhere they go, but there is no way of knowing when or where. While Satsuki and the President see “premonitory corpses”, so they know the location and the reason of the deaths, they can feel they somehow have power over what they see (by taking action or not, they can have a say in those deaths).
To Komako it’s still a premonition but she’s helpless. She only knows “shadow taking over = death is close for this person”, so she’s become detached because just like for Satsuki seeing the soon to be deceased is not something she can control.
Her mother offed herself, I bet. And that, along with the overall helpless feeling of only seeing it as “someone black all over” instead of how the President as a child could tell “oh, they are dying like this”. As a child she did the same thing as Satsuki, going around and telling people. But it was more of a “I feel some weird vibes” instead of being able to prevent things from happening, so her self-hatred causing her to blame herself for the deaths is justified. And well maybe the girl is indeed cursed. But she doesn’t need to go berserk and do something really bad and/or facilitate it (like she was doing by helping Seo).

We can even draw some parallels, and it’s obvious that the author wants us to do this much like we did with the Prez. Satsuki’s big trauma related to her premonition powers comes from not realising what she was seeing was foreshadowing. Komachi knew it was, knew her dad was going to die soon (just like the girl that was all black, he was all black) and noticed death spreading over her mother’s body. That makes her feel responsible for what she sees but on a different sense — while Satsuki thinks that since she has this “power” it is her duty to prevent anyone feels what she felt with her mom, Komachi just thinks she’s the one calling death. “People are dying because they are around me”, not “People around me are dying” which may cause this confirmation bias she has but can be argued that anyone can die soon and all over the world there might be similar people with the same “shadow” of death but you don’t see because you are not there to see it. She firmly believes that the fact she’s there is what causes people to be tainted, which is probably wrong af but she’s too far gone and this has been ingrained in her brain and personality (now it making a lot of sense that she was a-ok with all the bullying, since she just taught she deserved it).

Anyways, now I am curious to know if Komako will just try to K word herself and will be having arguments with Satsuki for 5 chapters until something really bad happens to everyone around because she’s cursed or she’ll cause something bad to prove her point. Given her support towards resident psycho Seo, maybe the latter is more likely. But if we go by Komako causes death —> Satsuki thinks she should have died —> Wasn’t the president right all along? Komako should have died because she’s bad.

HOWEVER, if the evens are as follows:
Komako warns about her being a death magnet —> Satsuki doesn’t believe and keeps preventing her death —> Terrible thing happens by accident —> “Damn maybe she really was a death magnet” —> “Stronger forces WANTED her dead so she SHOULD have died”

That would make more sense as Satsuki’s though process. She is disillusioned by Seo, but the “everyone deserves a second chance” was such a core belief that she had that I don’t think only one person proving her wrong will ultimately convince her.

Anyways… Did the author announce that we’re getting close to the final volumes? No way Komachi’s arc will last more than 2-3 volumes, right? (Even 3 is stretching too much)

Dex-chan lover
HOLY MOTHERFUCKING SHIT, IS THAT THE ANOTHER REFERENCE?????!?!?!?!?!

Users who are viewing this thread