Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai! - Vol. 12 Ch. 103 - Kouhai and Control

Supporter
Sakurai's mom is easily a top 3 character for me in this manga. I really wish there was more content with her.

Supporter
Also, another thing... it's refreshing for a manga to have to MCs who both have their full families around them. Sakurai lives alone, which is understandable for an upperclassman in college, but we've seen more and more of his mom, dad, and sister. Obviously, we see a lot of Uzaki's mom, dad, and younger siblings.

The trope of an MC having no parents or living alone at a very young age with totally absent parents (who live far away or are overseas or whatever) doesn't really "bother" me in isolation but it does bother me how often it's used (I guess because it reduces complexity for the story and artists), so to see two MCs with complete families who are present is really nice.

Plus, I know Sakurai's dad annoys a lot of people, but I find him funny. He was particularly on point in this chapter... almost like he can actually be a pretty good dad when he wants to be. And there's nothing to suggest he's a philanderer or has a wandering eye; heck, he just had another kid with his knock-out (in more ways than one) wife.

Users who are viewing this thread