Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out! - Vol. 1 Ch. 8 - Kouhai and the Common Cold

Group Leader
That was a really cliché chapter, but it felt good, so whatever.

I just really wish Mangakas would stop with this "if you're wet and it's cold, you'll get sick" bullcrap. That's not how viruses work, dammit !!!

https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts?utf8=%E2%9C%93&tags=uzaki-chan_wa_asobitai%21+take_%28shokumu-taiman%29+&ms=1 This page has a lot of the original twitter pics translated to english with annotations. The Snipperclips one is pretty good.

VIP
i would get mad too if i get kouhai as annoying as her.

Double-page supporter
Great chapter. Uzaki's memery and wifeness was especially on point.

@aFFI It has been proven that being cold (and cold weather) weakens your body's immune response. It won't suddenly make a virus appear in your body, but will make you more vulnerable to anything you're exposed to.

Group Leader
@Boboloboloo
Yeah, I know. Well, to be exact, "lower temperatures weaken the nose’s first line of immune defenses." source
The thing is, you still have to be in contact with a virus carrier. And the temperature needs to be pretty low, to get your body temperature like 3-4°C lower than normal.

By running in a summer rain without meeting anybody on the road, your chances of getting the flu is pretty close to none. Otherwise, getting to the pool in summer would create a flu pandemic...

Fed-Kun's army
Okay, what the hell is it with the Japanese and colds apparently being almost life-threatening and leaving anyone who catches one bed-ridden?

Because I don't know of anyone where I live who would go to the hospital for a cold, unless it had ended up turning into something worse than a cold.

@Wordsmith
I have been bed-ridden by a cold maybe twice in my 27 years of life, so it does happen.

But this is just a plot device, manga isn't an exact representation of real life and shouldn't be treated as one.

Double-page supporter
I might be remembering the fight wrong, but doesn't Sundowner only combine his blades into shears after you lop off all of his shields? If I'm not incorrect, this renders the chapter unreadable.

Users who are viewing this thread