Vagabond

Indefinite hiatus, probably will never be finished. The author was burned out while making this, and that is completely understandable since this is a classic and the art is very detailed and the quality hardly ever dropped. Right now, he is working on REAL which he picked back up again so we might have some hope.

Here is a comment I copied off reddit with some info:
The sendai exhibition was not the ending, but the last exhibition it was the ending of the book, with an old musashi passing his works to his pupil Fuki and them seeing a last time a adult jotaro his new name is Jōnosuke and his son, old Ishun visisting him, and when he dies he talks with baiken, Inei, Ueda, Seijuro, Sekishūsai, Otsu, Kojiro and his father munisai, I got 85 drawings of 100 of this book and the translated text on a mega link I uploaded: https://mega.nz/#!tdx1laoI!O1ywGKYXhvrEk1gCyM8Gh6lnLMIJ-EeDizpgs-fKmOw​

Here's some more info on the book:[http://halcyonrealms.com/art/inoue-takehiko-the-last-manga-exhibition-complete-catalogue/](http://halcyonrealms.com/art/inoue-takehiko-the-last-manga-exhibition-complete-catalogue/)

what happened to the first chapters? I swear I had seen them here before... or am i tripping?

Double-page supporter
Of the famous seinen manga, this is probably the most overrated. The art is great of course, but it can he dull at times to the point where I actually felt bored during my first read, an experience I've never had with the others.

Of the famous seinen manga, this is probably the most overrated. The art is great of course, but it can he dull at times to the point where I actually felt bored during my first read, an experience I've never had with the others.
honestly, comparing it to Berserk and Vinland saga, Vagabond isn't as enticing, I also felt that dullness but the more i progress in the manga the more I anticipate the next chapter it does feel like a slow burn at times but I feel like its to express the art and to immerse the audience.

Double-page supporter
honestly, comparing it to Berserk and Vinland saga, Vagabond isn't as enticing, I also felt that dullness but the more i progress in the manga the more I anticipate the next chapter it does feel like a slow burn at times but I feel like its to express the art and to immerse the audience.
I certainly understand the appeal, Angel's Egg is my favorite movie after all. But when I think about rereading this vs Nausicaä, or Berserk, or Freesia, it's a night and day difference.

Comparing it to another of my favorites that is also a somewhat meditative story, Blame!, I still find this a far lesser experience.

Perhaps it's my emotional distance from the characters. I don't particularly like any of them, nor are they archetypal enough to provide a universal surrogate, so the end result is a feeling of disconnection and lack of investment. But that can't be all of it.

I might have to read it again just to be able to articulate exactly why.

Dex-chan lover
Ok, maybe this isn't for everyone! Maybe not everyone can appreciate the art and the slow characters development/regress! Or you don't want to read a more "heavy" story! I understand, it took me years to come back to Berserk!
But to rate it 1 means your level of literature and emotional comprehension can't exide those of pigs when pearls are thrown in front of them!

Dex-chan lover
This keeps popping up in filter results...
... but since the first chunk of it is missing, it is completely unreadable. Guess I don't read it then.

This seems to be happening to more and more manga these days. This site really is turning to utter crap.

9 years "hiatus". Fuck this mangaka. Completely unprofessional. Rich as fuck, all he needs to do is pass the ideas to the temps and then read it and approve. But "oh it's tough being a mangaka after fame". FUCK OFF.

Double-page supporter
9 years "hiatus". Fuck this mangaka. Completely unprofessional. Rich as fuck, all he needs to do is pass the ideas to the temps and then read it and approve. But "oh it's tough being a mangaka after fame". FUCK OFF.
If you wanna know the ending, just read a history book lmao.

Dex-chan lover
Soy continuing to actually write and draw your manga
vs
Gigachad permanent hiatus enjoyer

Group Leader
Not as good as I first expected from the insanely high ratings and many good reviews from many different sources. It is decent but not really enough for me. 7/10.

q(•.•)o

Double-page supporter
One thing that irks me is the scanlator comments at the end of each chapter before the farming arc. Musashi be finally understanding what being part of the world truly is and how to end the cycle of violence, only to be hit by "Ugggggh nobody is killed this chapter either, so friggin lame" comment at the end.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread