Vigilante - Ch. 103

Power Uploader
A lot to unpack in this chapter, but first, I'm glad that Ji Yong's victory against Easy Squeezy was plausible: if I go by fighting manga and webtoons, low kicks, submission locks and a straight to the chin are the ways to go against someone of a much higher weight class. Jo Heon will shit bricks when he hears of it.

And now I know what the most implausible element of this series is: the magical hoods that don't come off no matter how wildly the wearer is moving around :ROFLMAO:

Shin Yeongji looks like another case of a character that was created to fulfill a minor role, but is now being used as a major plot element. For one thing, she's managing to get under Ji Yong's skin, which proves he's less abnormal than the series has portrayed him so far.

We already knew he isn't a psychopath because of his intense ability to feel empathy for the suffering of others, even going so far as having nightmares from the perspective of victims. And now he's starting to have feelings for his alibi-girlfriend. I wonder whether she'll be an asset or a liability.

Yeong-il's line in questioning Mi Ryeo is weird. Leaving aside the issue of whether she was working with the Vigilante (she is but didn't know, and even now isn't entirely sure of the details)… what's the problem with baiting gangsters?! Is there any law against leading criminals into a trap? Not like the gangsters aren't real, or that she wasn't their target anyway. Even if she had baited them, she might become even more popular with her viewers if she admitted to it.

And you know… I'm not sure why Yeong-il is so fixated on Ji Yong. Sure, he knows Jo Heon suspected a police academy pupil to be the Vigilante, but what's made him zero in on him? The fact that he has access to Professor Joon Yeop's office? How's that a lead?

So far, the only thing that could connect Ji Yong to the Vigilante (aside from the material evidence Gang Ok's been taking care of when Ji Yong isn't thorough enough) is the fact that he fits Mi Ryeo's profile, but he can't be the only young male with police connections that does. There's a missing piece not even Mi Ryeo seems to have: the fact that the first person killed with Ji Yong's M.O. was the criminal who killed his mother. But because it's the very first crime, it's the easiest one to be overlooked.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread