Villain Initialization

Fed-Kun's army
@shubh68
@Rron

Yeah, the not so perfect translation makes it hard to understand.

I look at it this way:
Imagine that your whole villainy was born from that what he experienced in life and now you are going back in time BUT! smarter, more knowledgeable, you have much more insight into your own actions than when you where kid, more understanding of the cruelty of the world. Also the whole reason you fought in your adult life as villain is ... gone? He goes from good to bad and back because he himself is still bit confused. I like to think that MC is still human and was always driven by emotions, which where born through his previous life with events shown through chapters (his aunt, childhood friend, lover from Kosovo etc.). We only get a glimpse at his life from time to time.
Tell me what you think.

@Yamibi
I understand that the back-story is the probable reason for MCs weird behaviour (or should we call it future store hehe).
Anyway, it fails to showcase MCs backstory, his thought process etc... which leads to what he is doing now. Without it the story feels hollow.

The art is great but the writing doesn't make any sense at all. I don't think it's a translation problem either, I got to chapter 9 where a woman is about to kill the guy the MC wants to kill. And then... MC attacks her? Why? What? Does he not want to kill him after all?

But then immediately after he thinks "Oh, he's unconscious, maybe I can kill him now".

Maybe he wants to kill the guy personally and not let anyone else do it? But earlier he was trying to hire assassins anyway...

Man, I'd really like to enjoy this comic but it's hard to read.

This is like Lex Luthor and Superman being friends as kids but with wacky time travel involved.

@PoopSniffer yeah à lot of Chinese manhuas are like that the summery is great the art is wonderful but the story telling... Its lackes à lot to say the least

In some instances I had to remind myself that this is shonen not shonen ai.
Still ship tho, like you guys saw that raw sexual tension??? Jk jk... or am I? Hmnnnnnn...

Like I said, most talented writer in china went into novel route. Novel in China is really popular more so than comic even among teenager , and not all webnovel are xianxia there are another genre like mystery, thriller, history, etc. but everytime somebody translated it there are no view in the west. Magazine novel is also a thing but you never see them because they have strong copyright and hard to pirate it. Also, people expect fight when in come chinese story even though chinese fight isn't that creative and good, chinese story excel in politics ,history, and tragedy(stuff that most people here don't care)

Well I guess they don't have to worry about queueing up for egg tarts from here on... xD hahaha

Wish the ones in modern times weren't marked "Wuxia"

I don't look for Wuxia to see people shoot guns.

Wish the ones in modern times weren't marked "Wuxia"

I don't look for Wuxia to see people shoot guns.

This is...shockingly amazing. You get so used to reading dime-a-dozen wuxia manhua it has genuinely left me speechless how refined this manhua is. The art is creative, its story and characters are understandable yet complex, it is genuinely brilliant.

Criminally underrated manhwa.

The summary really sells this short. It sets up the MC's regression as 'A Bad Guy getting Revenge' while the story itself would be better described as 'A broken person is given another chance'.

MC is well developed though his original grudge with Ye Mu certainly isn't. Besides that, the secondary characters are well fleshed out, the art is beautiful, and the storytelling is great past the clunky first couple chapters. Don't expect OP MC because the story is way more focused on him maturing emotionally rather than his growth in power.

Users who are viewing this thread