Villains Are Destined to Die - Vol. 1 Ch. 43

Dex-chan lover
Yeah this fake brother is definitely mad to just be mad as many have already pointed out. He knows perfectly well why but chooses to pretend he doesn't. I think the angle if any he going at here is he wants her to stand up and assert said concerns. I mean at least that was the feeling I got rereading the chapter because kinda sorta hints at it but that still doesn't mean his method of getting that result is acceptable or even preferable. I mean when he was a kid sure but as a full fledged adult I feel he should be able to have more nuance about it stuck up noble attitude or not. It's like he sees her finally putting her foot down on bs and is trying to shove her into keeping that path or so I over read into it.

I wanna c reynold suffer d most right now

I wanna to see agonising regrets

Will that day ever come

Idk

lemme get ahold of him real quick to throw some punches
You know exactly why she said that, she was lonely and desperate for a loving family, you continue to poke her until she snaps, and act like you have the right to be mad? fuck you

That guy is fuk up. Bye i dislike him . That girl won't act like that when she was a kid if the family didn't treat her so bad! Yupp both of the brothers are out from the list. Goodbyee

Thaank you for the chapter ❤️

Dex-chan lover
I sympathize with his anger and grief. I understand why he'd take it out on the fake sister he's never recognized. I can even agree that he has a right to call out what he believed was a wish for his sister's death.

I DO NOT forgive him abusing an innocent slave because he wanted to hurt the real object of his resentment - that cannot stand.

Dex-chan lover
Acting all hurt when he's been looking for a fight since he came into the room possibly even way before that, can't even get some alone time to just breathe without mr jackass coming and starting shit

Dex-chan lover
Fuck him in the arse, little pink brat is old enough to know he is in the wrong but still has the guts to get angry for nothing.
Easily the character I hate the most.

Thank you for the updates! You guys shoot these out at godspeed and at really good quality, which is really impressive lmao
And about Reynold, I understand he still feels pained that he can't find his actual sister and that Penelope said some fucked up shit? But to also take it out on Penelope for being a child who not only had been neglected by everyone up until this point and others is really top tier garbage behavior.

What does he think will change Penelope? Antagonizing her for being outwardly cold despite being one of the major reasons behind her behavior? Accusing her of things she did as a child because she was treated so poorly and framing her? Expecting her to simply lay low to everyone's will because she's now not throwing severe tantrums? Telling her all of these things just to make her suffer but also thinking that she won't feel some kind of anger or hurt by his comments? He isn't going to get his biological sister back by doing this and is only succeeding in isolating Penelope from actually opening up and being happy because of his own grudges and short temper that he wants her to deal with. The absolute audacity of this man to think that he is in the right for being angry at the person he's been deliberately provoking and making miserable for so long is stressing me out lmao

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapters!

I really can't like Reynold. I can understand that he hates her if he heard Penelope say that she wished that his sister never came back or died or something and with how she later acted, but come on! That family really has ZERO sympathy, not one sympathetic bone in their three bodies combined!!
A little girl who was poor was brought into a noble's house as a substitute for their missing daughter/sister. Of course she wouldn't want to go back to being poor after that! And with knowing that she's a substitute, in her desperation she spoke a wish so it wouldn't all be taken away from her.

Sir Reynold needs to calm and sit down on a chair 😀 but make it electric ❤

I kind of don't understand what she is doing. She was so scared of offending them before, thinking that they would just murder her, but now that some of them have changed their opinion of her, she's being really sarcastic.

Earlier she said she would have to thank Emily because Emily was going around the head chef to bring her real food, but instead of thanking her, she ran her off and acted like Emily was still bringing her slop.

Dex-chan lover
@HOOfan_1
She's been pushed too far, keep in mind she hasn't been putting up with this for months, but years, even back in korea, so she finally just snapped basically.

I feel really bad for her. She's not the Penelope everyone knows so receiving the same contempt she did in her previous life must be so jarring. Even more so when this guy's straight up blaming her for his sister's death. I wish she could just leave this place somehow and live the life that she deserves. That's so sad.

Dex-chan lover
Favourability is dropping, but I doubt she cares. She only wanted to keep this one stable at this point, but a person can only take so much. The last few chapters have just build up to this point, the pressure of her seeing more and more parallels with her previous life, being unable to vent at Penelope herself since she understands exactly why the girl acted as she did in these situations, and trying to suppress her own feelings all the time around everyone. And this guy has been poking her with a stick since this whole story started. It makes sense she'd finally snap and not care what she says to him after all this.

@Your_Dino_Overlord People hate the brothers because of how they abuse Penelope. There’s no denying it—from Reynold’s constant harassment right up to Derrick’s extreme victim-blaming, their treatment of her is textbook abuse. They miss their lost sister, and yes, it is tragic and they deserve a level of sympathy for it, but while it explains their abuse, it doesn’t justify or excuse it.

I’m not suggesting you think it’s justification, and there’s nothing wrong with sympathising with them either. Liking them is personal preference and it is absolutely not my place to tell you otherwise. But it is problematic that you “don’t understand the hate.” That means that you, too, “don’t understand” the severity of suffering that Penelope endures as a result of their antagonism, and that you’re overlooking their hostile behaviour for the sake of angelic sympathy. In fact, the very fact that you claim “they are just like the mc” is evident of how little you truly comprehend her experiences.

I deeply apologise if this comes off as an attack towards your opinion, as this wasn’t my intention. But I’m very tired of seeing people who think that sympathising with abusers means to oversimplify the roots of abuse, and worse still, treat adult abusers who ought to have better self-awareness and self-discipline with a sympathy you’d give to a temperamental child struggling through growing pains.

Users who are viewing this thread