Villains Are Destined to Die

Reading the first few chapters I guess she will end up with the crown prince huh ? since he's the tallest one lol
I hope not though, I don't like it when the story is too easy to predict.

I must say the art is absolutely beautiful. All the male leads are super handsome. I just feel so sorry for the fl & penelope. My heart hurts for them so much and I had a few tears. Thank you for the translation team, hoping it gets translated again for the second season!

okay so i binge read the whole novel -___-

I don't put the spoiler tag because i don't think it's a spoiler here, everything i'm going to discuss is my own opinion and feelings which I had when reading the first few chapters, this feeling was very, very light at first and only becomes stronger as the story goes on.

To new readers and current readers: skip me because I know I have super high standards lol. I think most people will enjoy this story and I really hope you do.

~

I don't really like how the author forcibly twists the MLs character development to fit the story. The author has been doing this from the beginning, it becomes worse and worse later on.

Up until the latest manhwa chapter (c44): she is mistreated too much that it hurts just reading it.

Later (novel) : it's too clinche for my taste.

---

I like the plot idea: the FL is hated by literally everyone and has to try her best to win their affection. At first I had high hope of seeing her skillfully dealing with people, turning people who were strongly against her to her side in a persuasive way. It's a very ambitious hope since I haven't found a manga/manhwa/manhua that could do it (as a main theme) consistently persuasive and satisfying up until now, I've read more than 1000 lol (**if you know one, please give me some suggestions!! )

For this FL: I pitied her very much, I like how she is calculating and deal with things with a cool head. HOWEVER it's a little overdone. When people change and treat her with sincerity, she is petty and pretty entitled, she insists on her salty attitude. It made me a little sad, why do FLs always have to be this way?

Let's face it: Although she sufferred too much psychologically, we also need to realize that the family still cared for her physically (All of the family members got angry knowing the maid messed up with her food. They poured her with luxurious dresses and jewelries. They didn't care for her feelings but they had never intentionnally mistreated her physically.) The only one who physically abused her was the maid Emily at the beginning, none of other family members knows it, not her brothers, not the Duke (that's why she could use it to threaten Emily into submission).
Honestly her life has been better than many other kids out there. She has been living on a ton of money which is hard earned by her father and brother. The father is way more generous with her than he is with his own sons. She really did nothing to be of help to them up until now. When she wants to go out, they would make sure someone guards her for her safety. When she got hurt physically, they would rush to her side and tend to her wound.

I got angry whenever she is abused whether in words or not, but it doesn't mean that everything she does is right and helpful.. They may be blind to her miseries but she is also blind to their kindness.

I wish she could be a little less self-absorbed to receive their kindness, as well as realize their other feelings.. That way she could have avoided cetain kind of dangers.

Soooooo..... I thought this was just gonna be some mediocre Villainess manhwa. Ooh boy... I was 44 chapters wrong! I didn't sleep reading this.

I know the male leads were nicely drawn but honestly, Eckart brothers and the crown prince were a bunch of dicks. They can beg and cry for all I care. Vinter and Iklies were the only male leads deserving attention here.

Will also hop on to the web novel version..

This is DEFINITELY Shoujo. The males are completely unrealistic. The MC is petty and self-absorbed. The MC is a child but she is 18 years of age by genes and even older by timeline. Recommend a big skip for adults.

@Harriet_ Thank you for you sincerely opinion about this manhwa. It made up my mind to NOT read it. I'm too tired for this. By the way, have you read The Villainess Lives Twice and The Villainess Turns The Hourglass? I think the authors did a very good job on both. We get two very inteligent FL who know what to do and how to manipulate people to come to their sides or to do what they want to. If you don't know them, please, give them a try.

Dex-chan lover
@Harriet_

While I do agree with some of your points, I feel the need to point out the fact that she is not capable of thinking this objectively. While you mentioned that the duke at least cared for Penelope physically, the same wasn't true for the MC's real family. They let her get beat up, and spiked her food to the point she was chronically malnourished. I think her harshness makes sense when you consider she's sort of mixing up her own life with Penelope's eerily similar backstory.

She has a form of PTSD to the point she has chronic trust issues, so I don't think she's being petty- she's just trying to survive according to how her real family would have reacted, which to us seems like a overreaction since despite everything these characters are objectively better than her real family.

Also, pretending to be sorry is a common tactic used by abusers so I'm actually glad she's harsh on people who've 'repented'.

@Helen_Brite Thank you for your suggestion, I will look at them! Compared to them this manhwa is better in terms of art, I can't yet give an opinion about the storyline but I'd say this manhwa is better than the average, just in case please don't let my strict comment stop you from picking it up - if you want to. The first 44 chapters are not that clinche. Or if you don't want to waste your time I can give my comparision after reading the two you've suggested 😋

@Geohie Who let her get beat up ?
Her real family cared for her, they fought for her when she got bullied, remember?
It's that way of thinking that you've correctly described that makes her sufferred the most. I don't blame her though I just hope her to live a little happier.

Dex-chan lover
@Harriet_

They beat up the bullies because of the same reason Reynold had Emily arrested. Because of the family's honor. If you look at his face when he's 'comforting' the MC, it's clear he views the MC as nothing more than trash, he even mocks her for being being bullied saying " how trash were you that those trash(the bullies) would even pick on you?" (paraphrased). They clearly knew she was being bullied, and only acted after she was hurt to emphasize how 'benevolent' they were. She even notes that the very reason she got picked on was because of her brothers.

That's not the actions of a caring family. Hell, it feels almost like a attempt at gaslighting.

Also, even without that, spiking her food so she couldn't eat is already over the line.

This novel has 30+ side story chapters and 8 extra spoilers, I have read them all so I will quickly summarize the ending for you all. ECLISE IS NOT DEAD!! He lost his memory but still followed around Penelope as her ''guardian angel", she bid him farewell properly. VINTER WAS SAVED FROM THE MAGIC CIRCLE, also Yvonne was reincarnated and her younger self met Penelope and bid her farewell. RENALD acted like the real brother and they had good times as for DERRICK he kneeled, begged for forgiveness.
PENELOPE AND CALLISTO GOT MARRIED AND HAD A CUTEEEE ANGEL "Judith" ( had golden wings on her back and alot of powers)
The girl had golden hair like Callisto and Ruby eyes like Penelope.
In the last chapters, Penelope went into the mirror and took off the respirator of her real body and had a last conversation with her family.
JUDITH, PENELOPE, CALLISTO LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER. 💗👉👈♥♥

Thanks for the translation!
This is not an easy read, but the author captures the psychology of abuse well... Also, I like the Art a lot.

@Harriet_ Tkank you! I personally think the art of The Villainess Turns the Hourglass is beautiful! But the plot of The Villainess Lives Twice is better though the artstyle is not. Nevertheless it is sooooooo good!!

Users who are viewing this thread