Vinland Saga - Vol. 28 Ch. 205 - Thousand Year Voyage Part 14

Dex-chan lover
Inappropriate language
Shounentards can never understand nonviolence

Last edited by a moderator:
Dex-chan lover
Based Thorfinn. Not that it'll solve anything when the lnu are about to have a major epidemic and will either be erradicated or try to kill them anyway.

Dex-chan lover
Based Thorfinn. Not that it'll solve anything when the lnu are about to have a major epidemic and will either be erradicated or try to kill them anyway.
If the main concern is about further potential contact promoting the spread of the disease, attacking the Norse to kill them comes with far more risk of exposure than staying away from the Norse and letting them leave on their own. The epidemic worsening doesn't make direct conflict more likely (as the Markland survivor explained in his tale, the indigenous people of that area kept their distance even while trying to intimidate and scare off that settlement).

Dex-chan lover
If the main concern is about further potential contact promoting the spread of the disease, attacking the Norse to kill them comes with far more risk of exposure than staying away from the Norse and letting them leave on their own. The epidemic worsening doesn't make direct conflict more likely (as the Markland survivor explained in his tale, the indigenous people of that area kept their distance even while trying to intimidate and scare off that settlement).
That's not necessarily how they think. For all they know erradicating the nords might remove the "curse" given to them.

Dex-chan lover
That's not necessarily how they think. For all they know erradicating the nords might remove the "curse" given to them.
If the Markland indigenous people understood the danger was in proximity and contact, which even the shaman also acknowledges (since he told Niska and the Lnu survivors not to come into contact with the other tribes), I doubt that many of the natives would take the "curse" stuff in a literal fundamentalist way.

Fed-Kun's army
nah they 100% will attack Thorfinn's village even after he decides to evacuate

Dex-chan lover
What does Thorfinn do if the natives attack each other? What if they ask him for help? Would just be a repeat of the farm and Arnheid?

Dex-chan lover
Things are only gonna get worse, Thorfinn is away ousted as weak in his community, so ivor and his lackies are gonna protest against Thorfinn and it will ultimately lead to an all out war, Eivor will not help Thorfinn, Hild will make things worse..
I think Thorfinn will probably die trying to minimize the deaths..
So Bug-eyes will be the Thorfinn that we read about..
What a tragedy..

Dex-chan lover
If we're not going with alt history then I wonder what's gonna happen. Thorfinn just goes home and never accomplishes his dream?
That was always the case, since the beginning.. It makes the story more complex, mirrors reality that some times no matter how hard you try for peace, it’s really not possible..

Dex-chan lover
Great chapter, scared about what’s going to happen next. Thanks so much for the translation as always 🙏
Nothing good is gonna happen next, sure Thorfinn will get a 2nd child but nothing good will happen after that..
Eivor is disillusioned after realizing the truth, he’s in denial, ivor is willing to stay and fight and he has more popularity over the settlers, the tribes want war and the nord’s items, everything will go bad in the worst possible way..

Dex-chan lover
So Bug-eyes will be the Thorfinn that we read about..
What a tragedy..
If that was even remotely still a possibility, Bug-Eyes would have gotten married to Gudrid, and fathered Snorri with her. I seriously doubt Yukimura is doing to have his story end in such a downer way that you almost seem to be earnestly desiring.

Dex-chan lover
If that was even remotely still a possibility, Bug-Eyes would have gotten married to Gudrid, and fathered Snorri with her. I seriously doubt Yukimura is doing to have his story end in such a downer way that you almost seem to be earnestly desiring.
I want to be wrong! There is nothing better when I’m wrong. I would like something more positive. I’ll be super happy if I am wrong..

Dex-chan lover
I guess we are not going the alternate history route then.

I would have liked to see what Yukimura-sensei imagined for a “peaceful” settling of the Americas by Europeans. Maybe the scope is just too enormous for manga-form.
It would not just break the absolute historical accuracy of this manga, but it would be terrible for its narrative. The manga presents us with various paths to create a better world, mainly the ones of Canute and Thorfinn, so different in methods, but for both paths to stay open, both characters need to fail. Neither Thorfinn nor Canute can build heaven on earth.

If we're not going with alt history then I wonder what's gonna happen. Thorfinn just goes home and never accomplishes his dream?
Thorfinn reach home but many other died from ship wreck in the irish sea. That is.. if author going to follow historical record.

Dex-chan lover
I'm so worried, despite Thorfinn agreeing to leave and prioritizing peace the war-lust hasn't left the Natives.
Even if Thorfinn decides to leave, the villagers/nords will not leave without a protest.. Ivar will challenge it.. Thorfinn is no longer the leader

Users who are viewing this thread