Vinland Saga - Vol. 10 Ch. 71 - Oath

Rereading this. I remember years back when a lot of people were complaining about the 'Farmland Saga', wanting more action, that they were quitting the series altogether because Thorfinn has changed. Meanwhile there was me who didn't really like all the killing but really like this arc. I love how it wasn't an easy case of saying 'I was wrong' and then going about life as usual. Thorfinn had to face his past. He had to confront all his wrongdoings and take responsibility. Askeladd is such a big part of Thorfinn's life and it is amazing how he is shown reprimanding Thorfinn for kicking away the people and instead pushing him to climb up with all the people dangling on him. I miss Thors and it is sad how he had to die so early on, that he could not guide his son growing up, but at least in this arc Thorfinn has started to realise what it means to be a true warrior.

@vinccc you don’t have to act all high and mighty and superior and say, ur dur isa no like the killin hurrr. That was a necessary part of the manga and while I do agree that this arc is the best one I can appreciate the prologue arc more after reading this one. Plus Thorfin murder mode in the prologue was badass so don’t lie and say you didn’t like it or you wouldn’t have read the 50 ch prologue

Double-page supporter
Askelaad damn even death you amazing. You helped redeem him he made me like him as main character now

Users who are viewing this thread