Vinland Saga - Vol. 13 Ch. 93 - Birth of a Warrior

Dex-chan lover
@criver: Animals have territorial war, they fight each other for mate and food. War is the default state of living beings. The native in American continent were at war with each other as much as the European were. Minor spoiler here but according to the story this was based on, the expedition and settlement effort were also ended because of conflict with the native. Maybe the comic will end in a downer, but perhaps life is always about the journey rather than the destination.

Dex-chan lover
@duylinh
War is the default state of living beings.
That's a postulate that doesn't hold under scientific scrutinity. Genetics define the default state, and by no means are those as uniform as you make them out to be. Additionally, genocide and slavery are not something "natural".
You should put the spoiler in a spoiler tag.
The comic should end in a "downer" since utopias cannot exist. You can have a nice small community of people though, the larger it is, the more likely conflict will be due to diversity.

Dex-chan lover
i enjoyed the previous arcs a lot more but it's just my personal preference. the absence of Askeladd is really doing it for me

Dex-chan lover
Man, this is beautiful, but it's sad that Vinland is really America, where the natives were already at war with each other and taking slaves, and in 400 years the europeans will come and make everything worse.

@HangBXI Vinland is actually a real story. Leif Eriksson actually existed, and last Century it was found on Canada nordic artefacts that could be traced All the Way to the 11th century, which proved that America had already been discovered and colonized by nordic countries

Fed-Kun's army
This has to be the best historical fiction manga ive ever read, seeing thorfinn grow and walk down the path of revenge only to fine the meaning behind his father words feels great after reading this chapter

Damn I hope we get this animated, I thought Thorfinn was just an edgy bitch in S1, but he's had a great character arc

Fed-Kun's army
I hope they get to vinland 😭😭 that is, if it even exists 😭😭

Dex-chan lover
It's so miserable knowing they're talking about North America. For the interests of the few, everyone else is forced to put up with war and slavery no matter when or where

Users who are viewing this thread