Vinland Saga - Vol. 22 Ch. 157 - Baltic Sea War, Part 33

"This manga is soo incredibly different now then what it was when it first started out. Started out with the MC badass ended up with him as a peripheral character who had his balls clipped. Sad."

Well, the story is based on the life on the real Thorfinn Karlsefni, although heavily fictionalized. He was pretty much guaranteed to end up pacified sooner or later. Don't look him up if don't want the story spoiled!

Wow, what a shitty chapter, I just can't believe it. The whole Shining reference was so forced and egregious that I wanted to puke. But that Ymir takes the cake, WTF is this? 1/10
More chapters like these and I'll drop this series. Hilda wanting to kill Thorfinn if he would kill that spear guy was also retarded. Kill it with fire.

Thanks for scanlating.
This seemed like a Christmas special chapter with movie references in it, don't know what the ape was refering to though.. Hopefully it's just a Chrismas joke and we won't be seeing much more of Ymir the man eating Ape... lol. and If Floki is this things dad, then who the bloody h*ck is the mother?!?!? I must admit.. I'll be very very dissappointed if Floki only found it somewhere and then raised it..

Supporter
Man, people are acting like this whole manga isn't based around redemption and the effects of war. Nope, guess the only thing people want is nonstop action and violence. Fuck character development and story, just give us gore!

Dex-chan lover
🤣When I saw Thorkell do the Shining I laughed so hard I pissed myself. 🤣

Thorkell is the best character in this manga, don't @ me

@Goral i agree on the beastman but hild dont wanting to kill thorfinn because he didnt kill shows how shes slowly realising how thorfinn really is a different person now

Double-page supporter
You know, it's hard to take the manga's message of "war is bad and unnecessary" at face value when Thorkell is having so much fun doing it.

seems the author was having fun with this. ymir is just a bullshit plot contrivance that I hope dies quickly. It was just cartoonish in the worst possible way how floki was encouraging him with promises of human flesh. But Thorkell makes up for it ten-fold

Users who are viewing this thread