Vinland Saga - Vol. 23 Ch. 162 - Sigurd's Homecoming

Contributor
Wait, if Thorfinn’s main VA doesn’t appear until episode 7, and episodes 1-3 covered a fair majority of the first two volumes sans the flashforward, how are they going to stretch a chapter or two into four episodes?

Hell, how much will the anime cover? I’d say that Thorfinn’s conflict with Canute would be a great climax, but now I’m not sure if they’ll go past Askeladd’s death.

Group Leader
episode 7, not 5???
surely childhood prologue is going to end at episode 4.

Fed-Kun's army
it's another "Sig is being moe" episode. i'm going to catch diabetes or my heart is going to burst if this continues

as an only child the only way he can be free is to give them grandchildren 😅

Dex-chan lover
Oh my god, double level up from Sig ladies and gent....

How well that'll work out for him, we'll see, but still he's come a long way from the chewing toy he used to be.

I think the anime will only cover the prologue of the manga, that is, until chapter 55 at the most.

@xyzzy
It actually matches up. Episode 1 was chapter 3+4, Episode 2 was chapter 5~7 (plus parts from chapter 9), Episode 3 was chapter 8~11. We have chapter 11~16 left of the childhood arc, meaning that a bit of those chapters can spill over into episode 5. And then we have chapter 17, which is double the length of the previous chapters, featuring 12 years old Thorfinn who'd still have the VA of the childhood arc. I can definitely understand if the new VA doesn't appear until episode 6 at the very least, so I could imagine them stretching things a little so that it's episode 7 instead.

Dex-chan lover
THE LEGENDARY SUPER VIKING-JIN

8RjdEDj.png

Users who are viewing this thread