Vinland Saga - Vol. 23 Ch. 166 - Wedding

Dex-chan lover
@Alemoa Agree, plus considering the dates he would have to learn all the Reconquista plus the eastern roman empire stuff too. It would have been interesting but considering how many chapters just one war took, can you imagine the whole voyage?

Fed-Kun's army
Probably ending it because it got Anime'd and he might've ran out of material! Maybe we'll get a long break and a Boruto Vinland saga with his kid :p

Dex-chan lover
I'm kind of bummed we couldn't see Vikings in Greece and Constantinople.

Fed-Kun's army
What a terrible timeskip. We suffered through all of the Baltic Sea war saga, which wasn't very good, in the hopes we would get to see Constantinople, one of the greatest cities on Earth at the time, and instead we get a timeskip that not only jumps over that but also jumps over the entire development of Thorfinn's relationship and the crew's character arcs. Really bad.

Dex-chan lover
What a beautiful bride.

Also, I imagine we'll see Grikkland and Constantinople in a flashback arc.
There's a lot of new things to unpack in the timeskip. Like how Fulleyes looks like he's decked out in Fatimid Caliphate gear.

Dex-chan lover
dY5AxS8.png

The nightmare of all moms. I didn;t expect Halfdan to become this kind. Sigurd's resolve must have made him proud.

thanks for the translation. you can improve your translation by using a correct font and change all the letters to uppercase. you can find a lot of guide how to translate manga on google

Dex-chan lover
The timeskip was great. The trade woukd have just brought the plot development to a halt.

@abas2 There are no such things as "correct" fonts. There are subjectively preferred fonts by some people.

Dex-chan lover
All the comments about wanting to see Constantinople. Now it's Istanbul, not Constantinople. Been a long time gone, Constantinople. Why did Constantinople get the works?
That's nobody's business but the Turks. 😀

Dex-chan lover
I'm also kind of bummed out we didn't get to see Constantinople it was the major point of the voyage and to see it glossed over
leaves much to be desired story wise.

Man the author must've dodged a massive bullet having to skip out researching places they'd need to pass
-Gibraltar (Seville)
-Italy (maybe Milan)
-Constantinople (Byzantium)
pure laziness though. Hope they actually get to the new world without anymore delays now

constantinople would have been cool but would have taken way too long. do you guys want this to run for another 10 years? this isnt one piece

Dex-chan lover
I hate how the author skipped the adventure. I WANT ADVENTURES, DAMNIT! THAT'S WHY I READ THIS MANGA

Dex-chan lover
This is Vinland Saga. Nobody ever promised a Constantinople Saga.

Love how pure Sigurd turned out to be. Not too mad about the time skip, I think it honestly would have bogged down the series a lot, though I admit there would have been some really cool highlights.

Users who are viewing this thread