Vinland Saga

Dex-chan lover
I guess being vegetarian was not a choice among vikings

@Adieu, I don't think it was weird at all, the core premise of the story is a bunch of vikings killing each other because they think Valhalla exists.

garm is such a goddamn boring character, wonder whether his purpose is just plot fodder for some new evolution arc or if he's gonna end up joining the crew (unlikely)

@Adieu I've binged this in one go and there is no "religious trip" it's literally just... a more so realistic plot? It takes actual religions, actual lore from real life and kind of plays it out in a story. This isn't a Disney channel manga like some things out there lol it hits real subjects.

Fed-Kun's army
Why is King Kong in Medieval Denmark and why does he talk? Why is Garm such a shitty character? When will Hild shut the fuck up about killing Thorfinn?

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Double-page supporter
@Adieu aaawwee whats the matter? Cant take the fact that there's more than one belief out there?

I am absolutely appalled I've never heard of this series before. I spent the last few days binging it and managed to get caught up. So, I can say this:

This manga is amazing and absolutely deserves its awards. And if any of you reading this are on the fence about starting this journey, then you better buckle up, and bust through that fence like the koolaid man! Seriously, get reading.

This has become a little too goofy for how it began. I love a goofy manga, but that was never what Vinland Saga was, and I've been reading this for over 10 years. Thorfinn's 180 character change was pretty interesting and logical, but started the manga down a path toward this hammy mess it's become. I'm sad to say, but it's lost its way. I hope it gets back to the serious and brutal look at humanity that it once was. This was a sad, deep, and truthful look at the world, packed with action and deaths that hit hard. Now it's Thorkell getting his head caught on fire and Garm being an annoying character that most definitely belongs in a different manga.

Group Leader
Agreed jestervae. This manga ought to go back to the serious and brutal look at humanity that was represented by Thorkell punching a horse.

Aggregator gang
eh, the manga has been cuckfarm saga for quite a few years now. at least for now the art still remains great, so just try to not think about the plot and retarded character development. pity the author got castrated, this had potential to be a very good work.

Aggregator gang
A lot of people say the quality plummeted, but it’s still pretty great, especially compared to its contemporaries. The manga just took a different tone and the story changed from a tragic revenge story to a somewhat uplifting and comedic one (though obviously it still has a lot of dark moments and this is relative). The quality of writing hasn’t changed, but the direction of the story has

If I remember correctly
wasent Gudrid the one who drove away the natives attack on the vinland settlement by riping her clothes open and slappna her sword acros her beer chest while screeming at them to come at her wich made the attackers turn arund in confusion?

Edit, after some googling i found the it was Eriks daughter Freydis and se was also eight months pregnant when it happened anordning to the sagas.

Users who are viewing this thread