Virtues of the Villainess - Ch. 9

You guys don't understand- not until very recently in human history, like the 19th century where No, no fault divorce laws/ Typical it was pretty much impossible to just "dump a guy", Marriage between prince/princess and other nobility were political, life long bind agreements.....it isn't just a marriage is the transfer and maintain of power & wealth between two houses. Divorce in itself was rare and typical illegal to counteract the cancellation of such heavy agreements,and breaking of an engagement was illegal as well. She can't just dump him...its the equivalent to breaking a diplomatic agreement between two countries or not defending your allies. In Korea and in many Asian countries the divorce laws remains stick until just a few years ago so, the target Korean audience this was made for can understand it well.

Modern day concept of divorced,and a woman's freedom to break of an engagement are actually pretty modern, and it was even worst in Asian countries to some historians opinions. This is why it's so important to know your history lol

I-
Or instead of committing theft she could literally just NOT FALL IN LOVE W A KID WHO WAS LOCKED UP IN A TOWER HIS ENTIRE LIFE HELLO

Fed-Kun's army
More like its because she keep trying to revenge on Lerajie by getting the Prince's love...

Just don't fight for the prince? Find a man that is actually worthy? Nothing should happen to you then.

Poor Ginger. All you haters... she might not be as smart as the other lady but the other lady did have to cheat with that necklace to win.

@danelle767676 i know right? i'm all for the smart calculating woman but i like this, ginger is a protagonist who's on the receiving end of something like that. plus yea red head had to basically cheat to win izuna since i highly doubt he'd find her appealing otherwise. as for the criticisms people are levying at ginger, pretty sure even if she just let things happen and let izuna and red head bitch get together, red head would still go out of her way to make ginger miserable.

I mean.. If you have a friend and that friend keeps on stealing whatever you have you will be pissed tooo ,no?

yes she could just let it happen and go on with her life (honestly that's what i want too) but i think people are missing the point of Ginger and redhead's relationship. Ginger doesn't want redhead to live a happy ending with male lead after stealing her fiance. That's the whole point, that's why she wants Izana to turn her way so bad. It's infuriating yes, and i'd probably get mad too at her at some point. but that's just the plot of this manhwa is. Like i said, read the synopsis...

and i kinda wanna see more of Izana reading her dumbass thoughts. and for now, Ginger's dumbassery is entertaining to me 💁

Users who are viewing this thread