Wa no Kage

Huh, I'd really hoped I'd like this more. Just the description sounds amazing. The art is nice. The storytelling, though, feels... off, somehow. There's some kind of hard-to-describe crappiness to it. Maybe it's because every character is incompetent, maybe it's that the world feels disappointingly unabsorbing despite being more well-conceived than most.

Thank you for the translations, though. I hope this improves.

Group Leader
@0x00019913 At least in my opinion it starts picking up from about chapter 9 onwards. The incompetence of the characters becomes simultaneously more meaningful and less ubiquitous, and as a result it becomes a lot easier to feel invested in the characters.

Double-page supporter
@WhureHouse it's easy the short name is for the ruined country, and each time a country happens to be mentioned, they must be speaking about the other one :v

Dex-chan lover
I love how demeaning the style is. They say Empire and Kingdom and whatnot but the all the structures in the background looks like slums still.

Fed-Kun's army
add tragedy tag! and if you continue reading, you'll get disappointed.

Fed-Kun's army
read till ch.30
the king is death(?) and queen's little sister become...
sigh~~~ unbookmark and rate 4/10

Fed-Kun's army
@Shadowzack let me making it short

Keijukoku's king is death killed by Zalam. Dawa's little sister, Kamal, watching the fight while hiding and run away after knowing the fact that Zalam was the intruder who killed her brother and was almost death by the enemy's soldier because losing too much blood by the missing limb and saved by the guy who are spy(?) from Kouto. the spy bring her to Kotou's castle(?), then Kouto's queen adopt(?) her.

btw, here the plot twist!

Zalam turn out to be the king's big brother, apparently he were missing and he is now come back to Keijokoku as a hero. and without Dawa knowing the fact that he kill her brother, because the only one who know is her sister, Kamal. i bet, if there is a season 2, Kamal will revenge her brother and kill Zalam.

ah! things were messed up.

edit : i jumped to ch.29,
so i don't know why Zalam kill his little brother, the King.

Im not reading spoilers, and im loving this so far.
A fantasy setting based more on tech than magic, interesting art, different characters with no black and white motivations, political plot, fights, etc.

For my taste, this is better than 99% of isekai, harem, op mc, borderline hentai mangas in the most reads display.

Users who are viewing this thread