Wakeari Madoushi wa Shizuka ni Kurashitai - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Double-page supporter
@Nep Except it isn't. This just ignores the complexities of biology in favor of a simplified version we teach to children. Even if we restrict our discussion to only humans, we still have intersex people. Spreading such misinformation, as an adult, can only be harmful.

Okay, this is not a good start in both story pacing and world building. Hopefully the next chapter with different society full of magic users will be better.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@SoloSera

If we are bringing modern theory intersex into this then there will never be an answer. An intersex person could have any combination between what they identify themselves as or even simply having the wrong organs, etc etc.
https://www.cosmopolitan.com/lifestyle/news/a36344/man-discovers-he-has-a-working-womb-and-uterus/

However, as far as ancient fantasy era with usually abysmal medical knowledge is concerned, AKA oversimplified version, it is the dick that defines a person's gender. Ever since ancient times, the err.. doctors, or whoever that supports mothers give birth (i forgot the term) would check for the presence of a particular reproductive organ and go "Congratulations. You gave birth to a healthy -gender-".

They definitely can't check for chromosomes or wait for the child to grow up to independently pick their own preferred gender. They also don't have anything to tell if the child have an additional reproductive organ or disorders or anything really. As weird as it sounds, it starts with the presence of a dick.

However, whatever lack of available technology and "early era gender screening" involved, nobody is going to stop a female from having the 'grow beard hormones'.

Double-page supporter
Is he really eloping or acutally pushing his cousin forward?

Supporter
I see a lot of people complaining about the setting. I strongly suggest those not to read King's Daughter if they want to see a similar society taken to the extreme.

Contributor
pacing is too quick doesn't really leave a lasting impression

Dex-chan lover
Feels quite unrealistic, when some mother who just had her son saved starts slandering the rescuer (obviously she would either focus on her kid, or thank the person who saved said kid). Particularly as for all she knows, she mistook what she saw, or the worker might be someone crossdressing/genderbending, or someone undercover/with a hidden identity.

Dex-chan lover
Wow baffling to see ppl bringing « realistic » traits in a fantasy/magic world lmao. Yall are really funny

Fed-Kun's army
@feha no is realistic its Basicly a one threat to anoyher situation like if you like say you are an extremely racist white mom and a black guy just saved your kid 70% of the time they will tell you to gtfo 20% call the police on you
10% think it was you who started the fire

Should have restarted the fire and just left that woman with her dumb kid.

@GreenDragon
The son isn't a shitty person. He wanted to show off his magic, but he lost control. Being a child unable to control his emotions properly.

Very realistic for the mom to lash out at her rescuer after her son is saved. To her the unnatural woman is another danger to her son.

Also this sounds like the standard explanation story for why certain things happen which is interesting since they have "science".

Going by the fact that they have science, I wonder if they have a genetics department. I wonder if she has kids will more girls have the genes for magic. Or maybe more girls already do but since it's still so rare it's not widely known.

I know this is a romance manga so the heroine has to be "special" but an actual explanation stating that she is just the start of something amazing (more girls having magic) would be cool.

Still gonna read this though. Just some random musing. Lol

Edit No romance tag. Hmmm. Based on the drawing I was sure there would be romance. Odd. Hmmm Now I'm interested in how this will play it even more.

So the the sage gave guys magic and nothing for the girls. What a rip, you made two kids and gave one amazing wonderful powers and the other jack shit? What a shit parent.

BCS

Dex-chan lover
So, complete androgen insensitivity syndrome?

Users who are viewing this thread