Wakusei Closet - Vol. 4 Ch. 37 - A Rainbow Body

Dex-chan lover
Seems like at least the future is secured and the family survived, aimi fucked though (for some time at least or the bad loops arent shown where the world ends,maybe).

@sssr
Great explanation!

Anyway, it's definetely worth reading over! When you do so more things make more sense. Of course, I wish it told us more about all that aliens stuff…

Dex-chan lover
I think there was never a world-ending event on Earth. What the aliens in the other world did was trigger the loop the moment the timeline conclusion (Flare cut in half) happened to prevent exactly that from happening. So they saw that the monsters were going to leak out to Earth and to stop that happening they sent Flare to the past to meet Aimi, starting the loop. They had to stop the girls from leaving because if they left without resolving the loop then Earth would be destroyed. That's why in the final chapter Flare understood that senpai's understanding of the message was wrong. The aliens were all along telling them to kill the monsters (the infected aliens) and break the loop, but they never understood until Aimi and Nako forced Flare to remember. So the original timeline literally ended with Flare being consumed by senpai. The timeline was simply not allowed to proceed further until things got fixed.

Contributor
I don't really care about the explanation of the ending, all I know is that is a rather happy ending mmm...

There's some unfinished answer that I think about...

1. Who is the old alien that tries to give message to Megumi/Flare and Nako in chapter 21? Is it Nako's body that have been corrupted by Alien? Megumi that have been abandoned by Aimi? The Aunt? Aimi? or just an old alien?

2. What happens to Aimi after she died? Both in the original loop and in the timeline that she's able to break the loop. (Is she become an alien? Or just soul wandering forever?)

3. What happens to Megumi after she's been abandoned? (She's turned into an alien definetely but by becoming alien does she become the thing that started all this?)

4. How is it that the gas can keep piling up like that loop after loop?

All this question is raised due to the nature that in that planet, it looks like the concept of time and timeline isn't clearly defined. (And maybe to my poor understanding of the plot, lol)

Fed-Kun's army
@sssr That's rather an interesting, if it's true that would explains why there were two sides of alien in the manga.

Dex-chan lover
Ahh.. I'm shook when the senpai's head blew off.. I didn't expect she will be alive in the end. So happy ending wouldn't make possible if it's not for aimi's cutted right hand. I'm glad they met and remembered each other atleast in the end. And everyone is alive. So the aimi version she met on the last chapter.is our aimi who cutted her hand and her current mother who died. What A satisfying ending that's what I thought before seeing the last 2 pages.. Dang it's like when you watch a horror movie. And let you think there is still more unfinished business in the story.I'll just unseen and forget that last two pages.. And think everything ended okay. Yup. That's right. Gonna fool mah self on this. Atleast I can move on to the story now. Which gave me sleepless night thinking what's behind to it's peculiar mystery. *_*..

Though weird I really enjoyed reading this one. And actually love it! 💓

Thank you sooooo much for the translations!!! Now I can finally rest in peace. 💓

Dex-chan lover
@inspirationxvii First things first. If you get infected by a worm you turn into a multi-eyed monster that tries to infect other lifeforms (or open a portal). So, with that clear:

1) There are two alien races. The original one is already extinct because the second one (the worms) had turned them all into monsters. I'm going to call the original race that lived on the other world aliens and the infected forms monsters. The old monster is probably, like monster Flare, an infected alien who still managed to retain its personality. It summoned the girls to kill it (like Flare herself later did with Aimi), which is misunderstood by senpai. It used the last of its strength to send Flare (or a piece of Flare) to meet Aimi in the past.

2) Well, judging from what happened to her friends Tamura and Yuyama in chapter 14 her soul would eventually just move on after accomplishing her goal.

3) She just turned into a monster like everyone else who got infected, but like the old alien she managed to keep her personality enough to ask Aimi to kill her.

4) The gas kept piling up because they never managed to get to the point where they could blow up the tower until that penultimate loop. Blowing up the tower was the key to changing the conditions of the loop just enough to start trying to break the loop. Probably in previous loops the divergence point was when Aimi met Flare at the opening just before the beast went nuts and ate her. That would have been the point in previous loops when Nako died and Aimi was forced to abandon Flare. When senpai saw the tower the first time in the final loop she saw it being reconstructed. There is no indication that this happened in chapter 6 when she and Flare were trying to go to the other world the first time.

Group Leader
Wow I did not expected this plot twist haha
Thank you Chair of Glass for translating this manga and to B-minus as well

Thank you to all the translators of this manga! Loved this manga. I'm so glad Aimi and Megumi had this ending.

Aggregator gang
Wow, thank you for the scanlation. I'm glad everything worked out in the end, even for senpai-whose-name-I-always-forget. I wonder if that timeline's Megumi and Senpai will ever slip back into the closet planet or if the door is completely closed. I look forward to re-reading this a bunch of times to figure it all out. Writing something this complicated, sensei is really amazing. I will read anything else they write for sure.

Dex-chan lover
No yuri end *sniff*
But it was a really good discovery. Strange, creepy but a sooo interesting. Love it !

@sssr

Thanks your explanation cleared up some questions, but then another question pop up again. If Nako died in the future due to a rule that soul can't manifest as solid matter in the earth and Nako hasn't been going to the planet just yet before senpai turned into portal why she's been infected early in this last chapter? Did she become infected by some monster cryptid that's been wandering in earth through that Aunt portal (this is just some asumption)?

Dex-chan lover
@inspirationxvii Nako didn't get infected in the last chapter. Monster Nako got out somehow and hid in her shadow. You can see the Peter Pan-like separation between the real Nako and the shadow just before the final fight. The monster's arrival may have happened during the incident where Aimi died, when the closet opened to the other world. Pisu also came out of the closet at this time. Both then just waited for events to play out, each with a separate and conflicting objective that they settled in the final fight.

Dex-chan lover
Good stuff; it's funny how uncommon this sort of cosmic horror(?) stuff actually is outside of cheap "lol tentacles". Definitely Tsubana's best completed manga so far.

Users who are viewing this thread