Wandering Witch: The Journey of Elaina - Ch. 21 - The Spider Lily Blossoms in Loneliness (Part 2)

Dex-chan lover
I didn't want to believe it, but it was her after all. :( Motives are what I surmised though.

Dex-chan lover
So that was an easy call, I do like when stories make it easy to figure out the mystery though. It's much better than nonsensical plotwists.

Though I didn't expect Monica to have the disease as well. It's the country itself that's sick I suppose.

Dex-chan lover
Here in Canada we have no problem euthanizing the terminally ill... and the poor... and the mentally ill... and drug addicts, people with depression, mild handicaps and veterans with PTSD.
It's a slippery slope folks and my country has slid into Nazi Germany territory.

Fed-Kun's army
you know what this reminds me of? the us supreme court overturning roe vs wade. just replace mercy killing with abortion and it's practically identical

Fed-Kun's army
Here in Canada we have no problem euthanizing the terminally ill... and the poor... and the mentally ill... and drug addicts, people with depression, mild handicaps and veterans with PTSD.
It's a slippery slope folks and my country has slid into Nazi Germany territory.
it's only nazi germany if it was forced euthanization. tho enthanizing should really be the last option when all else have been exhausted. and if homeless, the poor and depress people want to be euthanize, then that said more about the current shithole of the capitalist system we are living in.

Dex-chan lover
it's only nazi germany if it was forced euthanization. tho enthanizing should really be the last option when all else have been exhausted. and if homeless, the poor and depress people want to be euthanize, then that said more about the current shithole of the capitalist system we are living in.
It's not capitalism that's killing them when it's done to avoid expenses in our socialized medical system. Instead of treating depression from poverty, age and injuries, they're pressuring fragile people to kill themselves. Maybe it isn't overt force but certainly is a type of force.
Remember, like Canada, Nazi Germany didn't start with death camps. It started almost a decade earlier with Aktion T4 which morphed from voluntary euthanasia, to pressured euthanasia, to secretly murdering the elderly en masse.
My country's MAID system is every bit demonic as Aktion T4 was.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, that's just hypocritical bullshit. All laws against killing to the point of death penalty or euthanasia not being lawful, and they just take them out of the country and do it anyway.

Her also having the disease is just for cheap, extra sadness points. Makes no difference, except that it enforces that it was the only way the story could end.

Dex-chan lover
Yet another case of discrimination against the dead. Really, did you ever consider how rude it might be to treat death like it's the worst thing that could happen to a person?

It just so happens to be the best thing that's ever happened to many people, myself included!

it is because i am a skeleton

Users who are viewing this thread