Wandering Witch: The Journey of Elaina

People really thinking that the Mc should be some superhero when she’s supposed to be a wanderer, like the guys below me said, it’s like kino’s journey, you can’t go to some other country and fuck around with their culture and laws.

@RawrDotRar I mean it's like kino's journey in the very sense that shes just goes on a journey, but
Kino definitely fucked with laws and their culture, a lot (hometown, tournament arc). She was a traveler because she rejected the culture and laws of where she was from. She's trying to survive, whereas Elaina isn't really struggling for survival.

I was watching this anime adaptation but when Ep 9 came out I was literally fkdup because of the contents of that anime but uhm yeah it was a sad thing to happen, can't spoil it to you guys ( Manga readers )

Fed-Kun's army
Thinking elaina is bad for getting people killed and then running away from it doesn't mean you want her to be a superhero

Funny to see people riffing on the anime in the comments when the manga, slow to update as it is, is close to its opposite in terms of adaptation quality. Actually adds to the stories with its art and changes versus the anime sanding characters off, making the art strictly cute, but then randomly choosing to make stories more violent or grim with no rhyme or reason.

So, people say there is an anime and it sucks. I don't blame them, this manga is so good, an anime would not be able to do it justice. Its art is beautiful, its stories have morals and themes for each chapter.

And last but definitely not least, the characters are intriguing and well written. Elaina is a confident hardworking sweetheart who takes on any challenge that comes her way. She can come off as rude and dismissive, but she does in the end try to do the right thing. Very true to form of how people are like in real life. I wish all the luck for the next chapter to come out!

So imagine you see someone suffering from an deadly allergic reaction and in your pocket you have an epipen or whatever can help them. You have no concern for money and let’s say you just have an infinite supply of epipens. You’re not in a rush and you don’t know this person therefore have had no opportunity to develop any sort of real dislike for them. You are one of the people most capable of helping this person, maybe the only person around like that. There is no reason for you to think you might fail in helping this person, in fact you are very confident in your ability to register an epipen and you get angry when people don’t acknowledge your skills. There is no occasion for the bystander effect to come into play and really, no reason why you shouldn’t help them, unless you’re a psychopath.

Do you help the person suffering from the reaction? Apparently no, according to some people here. It’s none of your business, you’re just passing by, you have no obligation, so it’s completely fine if you don’t.

Contributor
@TwixyNeo
(Manga - Light Novel - Anime) Correspondence
Manga Chapter 01 = Light Novel Volume 1 Chapter 01 = Anime Episode 02
Manga Chapter 02 = Light Novel Volume 1 Chapter 02 = Anime Episode 03a
Manga Chapter 03 = Light Novel Volume 1 Chapter 04
Manga Chapter 04 = Light Novel Volume 1 Chapter 09 = Anime Episode 01b

Manga Chapter 05 = Light Novel Volume 1 Chapter 06
Manga Chapter 06 = Light Novel Volume 1 Chapter 10
Manga Chapter 07 = Light Novel Volume 1 Chapter 12 = Anime Episode 04
Manga Chapter 08 = Light Novel Volume 1 Chapter 14 = Anime Episode 05a

Manga Chapter 09 = Light Novel Volume 2 Chapter 03
Manga Chapter 10 = Light Novel Volume 2 Chapter 06
Manga Chapter 11 = Light Novel Volume 3 Chapter 09
In Japanese the light novel is on volume 15 (with volume 16 coming out in March 2021) and in English the light novel is on volume 03 (with volume 04 coming out in January 2021).

How can anyone like Elania? She used being a traveller/observer to excuse never helping anyone even though she has the power to do so at no cost to herself and with trivial effort. Every time she looks on and does nothing she's complicit in all the appalling things that happen. Two volumes in and I think I'm done with this.

Users who are viewing this thread