Wangan Midnight

Dex-chan lover
now if the Countach manga were to update along with this my dreams would come true.

You can read this online at Webtoon
Link: https://m.webtoons.com/en/challenge/deor/list?title_no=225124

Ore

Dex-chan lover
You can safely skip over 50 chapters and it reads the same.

Group Leader
It has 42 volumes, around 10-11 chapters in each, so pretty much hundreds of chapters.

Edit: got around to counting all the chapters in the 42 volumes. There are around 13-15 chapters in each volume, resulting in 550 chapters in total, if my count is right.

@stormrim
but still. the cover arts are practically identical, the characters look the same, and they're both about cars. feels like a spin-off, doujin, or rip-off more than a unique series

Group Leader
@DragonMail
That's akin to saying that F1 is similar to Top Fuel dragsters because they both involve cars, racing, tinkering with engines, and aiming to be the fastest. Sure, there's similarities, and they both grew out of man's need for speed, but they're different in principle.
So goes Initial D and WM in my opinion. They're both based on a real car culture that existed in Japan from the late 80s to 90s, so if you take a critical point of view, of course they'll seem similar.
To make them any more different would be misrepresenting the culture that they are portraying, and heck, I wouldn't read a manga about that.

Anyone got any other car series to follow? Went through Initial D, MF Ghost, Over Rev! but haven't had much luck finding others which were completed. I do recall a series about a Countach and another about a mid engine CRX called king. Any others anyone can recommend?

Users who are viewing this thread