War Dao Sanctification - Ch. 10 - Early Awakening

Dex-chan lover
The rule of thumb is that proper nouns are left as-is and everything else is translated, though there's some leeway. If Hu is the given name you'd leave it, and if he's being nicknamed (like calling someone Tiger Bob) you translate it since he's being likened to the animal.

Group Leader
@twinklecake hi bro, about his name, i had uploaded this chapter almost a week ago or 2 weeks ago on YT, and many people suggested to use the name, brother Hu, as that's the correct and better way, so...
From chapter 11 onwords I'll only be using the name brother Hu, not brother tiger.

@YamiMao

About brother Tiger/Hu: in general, I agree with twinklecake. I prefer the original, Chinese names unless there is a real need for translating them, i.e. in order for the readers to understand better what's going on or some subtle hidden meaning about a character or features or powers.

My advice is to leave the original names and perhaps note the translated ones whenever you deem it necessary to explain or is interesting / useful information for readers.

Thanks for the chapters!

Group Leader
@SouDesuKa that's the reason i mentioned in the chapter about it.
As you might have seen in many other Chinese translation, names like nrother tiger, so i thought i was supposed write it as brother tiger, but it felt not right, so i mentioned it in the chapter to ask the suggestion..

Users who are viewing this thread