Warikitta Kankei desukara - Vol. 4 Ch. 21 - Epilogue

Dex-chan lover
TL;DR of the story, Grooming, Sexual Assault (just rape tbh).
None of the characters get what they deserve though, which is probably just like real life...?
I wouldn't know, I'm not a teacher that has sex with underage kids lmao.
Sei sucks ass, I don't know how she's a functioning human. She should 100% be in jail, or at least get some punishment, the story did nothing to her. Aya got manipulated into liking Sei by...getting molested?? What even..? The childhood friend, i don't even know what the fuck happened later on. The random kid that suddenly falls in love with Sei after she sexually harasses her and finally, Yoru, the trash-magnet. At least she seemed to be normal...until they revealed that she liked watching Sei be desperate for her or some shit.
Honestly, there was no way for this story to end any other way than this I guess.
Sei became unredeemable the moment she laid hands on Aya. There's no way the story could have redeemed her without it being more creepy than it already is.
Aya would probably end up like something similar to Sei, which she did in the end.
Yoru seemed like she liked Sei, but didn't act up on it. Probably due to Het relations being the norm, or due to her immaturity. We don't know (I think). As proven by her final note given to Aya.
The childhood friend would probably end up normal-ish I guess?
And that random ass kid as well.
Just 21 chapters of Drama and an underaged kid getting groomed.

Double-page supporter
I'm gonna fucking throw hands at everybody in this story, holy fuck. NOONE, and I totally mean absolutely NOBODY here is innocent, nor is even anybody righteous enough to fix this big mess of a dumpster fire. Even the childhood friend is messed up, what in god's name is this!?

Though I'd still give it an 8/10 'cuz it'd been awhile since I've got this pent up. I'm sleeping good tonight!

Dex-chan lover
I hate all of them for one reason or another but the story makes sense in that everyone of them are out of their minds. Too many problems rolling around in their heads, especially sei. So the ending makes sense. It'a just kind of icky because sei commits a serious crime and gets away with it.

Dex-chan lover
Somehow Aya ended up being the worst person besides Yoru. Even though she was initially assaulting by Sei, she ended up being a fucked up manipulator herself. And then Haruki is basically just Sei and will spend the rest of her life pining for Aya. Just an absolute total disaster. I
I feel worse having read this than I did before reading it, but that's honestly a good thing. Flowerchild is a very talented artist and a skilled storyteller. The story may have been toxic and fucked up, but it was very gripping and made me feel bad.

Supporter
Sorry to bother you all with cultural and legal differences, but in Japan the age of consent is 16 now and as the time of release it was 13.
Well, nonetheless, Aya is 16.

I stated this as a matter of fact, not as my personal view(!), but taking these facts into account, from the story point of view, it als was totally legal and understandable.

Don't read Japanese erotic yuri mangas if you can't differentiate. You will not change the cuture of around 145 million people by express our western point of you in an internet forum.

Dex-chan lover
Sorry to bother you all with cultural and legal differences, but in Japan the age of consent is 16 now and as the time of release it was 13.
Well, nonetheless, Aya is 16.

I stated this as a matter of fact, not as my personal view(!), but taking these facts into account, from the story point of view, it als was totally legal and understandable.

Don't read Japanese erotic yuri mangas if you can't differentiate. You will not change the cuture of around 145 million people by express our western point of you in an internet forum.
That's not how age of consent works in Japan. There are regional ages of consent that differ from national. Even if we pretend otherwise: just because there are some outdated laws doesn't mean the average Japanese person thinks this is normal. All this to say that you're not giving a full picture here and this isn't as much of a cultural issue as you're presenting it as. The average Japanese opinion on this isn't much different.

Supporter
That's not how age of consent works in Japan. There are regional ages of consent that differ from national. Even if we pretend otherwise: just because there are some outdated laws doesn't mean the average Japanese person thinks this is normal. All this to say that you're not giving a full picture here and this isn't as much of a cultural issue as you're presenting it as. The average Japanese opinion on this isn't much different.
You are right, I just wanted to point a short notice to the law side of the publishing time. I do know that there is a lot more to it. The point is, I am aware, but some of the commentatores here are not. That is, waht my comment was about.

Love isn't sunshine and rainbows, and is often ugly, gross, and horrific. it's stories like these that tell the unwanted, but all too common side of love that most people would rather ignore, and I appreciate that so much.

my opinion about the characters.
Aya- smart and strong well. She got a taste of desires and intimacy which gave her more purpose to her life than before. She could have ignored Sei and moved on but her curiosity kept going back to her and grew with passion. After she gains more confidence to pursue what she wanted and knew the consequence. When it comes to the rest of the characters she is more level-headed. But it’s not like everyone is innocent in their actions.
Sei- obsessed with a high school love that she never let go. It didn’t help that Yoru gave her hope by leading her on and going along with this obsession which led Sei to never move on and think she can be with Yoru even if it was to be used. I’m glad she finally does move on.
Haraku- obsessed friend. Going through her locked phone, confront Sei through text and then makes more assumptions and spontaneous acts without real communication with Aya. Also having to do weird acts to satisfy her desires for Aya and trying to sabotage thier relationship by trying to get Sei fired. Her and Aya are hardheaded and stubborn. It’s really a communication issue.
Modachi- this girl has a crush on a teacher who has a crush on Sei. This jealous makes her decide she wants to expose Sei which has nothing to do with the situation. Even with the rumor and being aware Sei is a lesbian she continues to do this for her crush. Which makes no sense. If your crush is a guy who likes a girl who’s a lesbian then there’s no competition. But there has to be more drama right?
Yoru- a girl who loves the “norm life”. I think she does like Sei but doesn’t see her as a long time partner or lover. Obviously she has no problem leading Sei on and giving her intimacy while cheating on most of her boyfriends with Sei. Because of that Sei kept holding onto hope even if it was just for intimacy. Even when she returns she knew Sei was the same yet she led her on again and gives her enough info to keep her hanging on a string as usual. The thing is she’s aware of what she’s doing to Sei and kept doing it no matter how long it’s been. Tormenting someone love like that and abusing it. To me this person was the worst out of the rest.

It’s nice that Sei and Anya eventually end up together. Seriously Aya props on dealing with all of that. Anyone would have ran from that mess.

There have been comments about the age between Aya and Sei.
1. Keep in mind age of consent is different for other culture. Even in the U.S. some states have age of consent at 16-17.
2. If it bothers you so much don’t read it. It obviously tells you in description and your reading an exotic manga. How can people have an issue about fictional characters while being the one looking at drawing of underage sexual acts makes no sense. If your 18 and older don’t complain about age gap knowing full well what your reading.

Users who are viewing this thread