Wash Me Hug Me!

Do please add an ecchi tag and possibly smut pls not that I'm complaining but I do want to know this before I read it.

This was really a nice experience from those mangas with third wheeling character who just pop out of nowhere. I hope it remains like this and doesn't get any sort of drama that could ruin our fun. I loved it~! ♡

Dex-chan lover
I have no idea why this is considered smut. It's entirely wholesome. There's a couple pages of drawn sex and those pages aren't even super sexualized either. That is not smut. I guess we're at a limit of the current tags on the site. I'd be hard pressed to even say it deserves an ecchi tag given how little screen time anything "perverted" is displayed.

Fed-Kun's army
i wonder if there's a possibility of this getting serialized, it was so good.

by the way, robico is a genius, she's 100 years ahead of other shoujo mangakas, art and story ;

Contributor
@sirflimflam: @burmn123:

The reason is, quite simply, because Mangadex never made, nor was inclined to make (for whatever reason), a "mature" tag or flag (such as Batoto or MangaUpdates, where the original tag set from, had)....

...and when people then mis-appropriated "smut" to cover for that, to mean "contains mature content of a sexual nature", the admins said, "yeah sure sounds good". So, here we are. The smut tag on Mangadex does not, in fact, indicate smut.

My (unfounded) suspicion is that the sort of manga the site admins usually read didn't use the tag much and they didn't really get what the problem was with this redefinition XD

@Pokari

but we have the ecchi tag for this, smut is something very specific that I'm pretty sure no one will find on this manga

I do see ecchi and smut treated as the same as hentai at times... this could fall under the jurisdiction just bc there are nips XD

Staff
Super Moderator
@Pokari
The tag and H~Ecchi system is getting revamped in v5 of the site, that's why we haven't bothered to do it on this version...

Contributor
@burmn123:

Ecchi gets used for panty-flashing and moderately lewd flirtation... There is a huge difference for a good portion of readers between that and this sort of "by the way they have sex" develoment, even if the sex-scenes are fairly tasteful and tame (and in fact may fall below the usual bar for ecchi as far as erotic intent goes). That's why it was the "mature" tag, not the "oh no it's filthy" tag XD

Anyway, I'm aware that using "smut" for that—to mean "mature content"—is totally incorrect, as you might have gathered from my original post. It wasn't my idea to do so. The resulting confusion is bad. It is, however, the de facto current state of affairs on the site.

@Kafka:

I am aware an overhaul has been in the works for some time. All above commentary is with regards to the site under the current state of the system (that is, as it has been for the past year or so at least?).

Uwah that was surprisingly amazing! The characters were really alive ☺️

Fed-Kun's army
why does this have to be a one shot. gimme gimme more gimme more gimme gimme gimme.

Users who are viewing this thread