WataMote: No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular! - Ch. 224 - Since I'm Not Popular, The First Day of the School Festival C…

Fed-Kun's army
Kiki is ♦️pale, diamonds, whatever. Asuka is ❤️, and Emoji is ♠️, the hate fucking one, whatever. Maybe yuri is ♣️If anyone actually knows what the fuck that one is
If there were clubs it would be Tomoko acting as a mediator between Yuri and Nemoto considering how Nemoto clearly wants Yuri to be mean to her while Yuri up until recently was apathic to her with Tomoko acting as the in between who balances their personality.

Fed-Kun's army
I still don't get Kiko's whole thing. I know she admired Tomoko for the longest time up until her first appearance in the manga. After that she sort of pitied her, I guess? And now she's asking the ppl around Tomo what their thoughts on her are
Kiko is in love with Tomoko.

She pitied her but her attempts to actually improve Tomoko often fail and while Kiko admitted that she would get angry each time she also admitted that she found the situation fun.

While she understands social cues, she finds put together people like Tomoki to be pretty boring unless she can manipulate people to clash against one another like pushing Sayaka to crush on him.

Tomoko is unhinged but she is exciting and Kiko wants more of her. She wants to stay by her side as long as possible and lamented that she is a year too young to ever had the chance to go to school with her.

Kiko got along with Ucchi because they both fell for Tomoko's fail girl tendencies. She shared a cringe moment and the two recognized they admired the same girl for the same reasons.

Kiko pointing out all the embarrassing moments were her basically gushing over Tomoko but she was also sure that Asuka wouldn't get it. She was basically bragging until Asuka pulled something out that basically made it seem like Asuka was really intimate with Tomoko (A purposeful power move by Asuka).

Asuka puts into question the idea that the core of Kiko's feelings for Tomoko ever really changed. She believes that Kiko wants her cousin attention and to be spoiled like a little sister, just like she used to be.

This unsettled Kiko because Kiko has recently been defining her relationship with how much she has gotten to know Tomoko throughout the series. Kiko is sure she is no longer just the little girl who looks up to Tomoko. She is someone who saw Tomoko's true nature and decided to embrace it. She is someone on equal ground.

Asuka just challenged Kiko's entire development

Dex-chan lover
I used to think Yuri was one of the most boring characters, and never got how she was #2 on that old popularity poll. But now I've come to appreciate how she's really kind of a weirdo mix of YOLO+DGAF+no-care-for-social-cues, and I totally love how she's basically in open combat with friend-turned-frenemy Mako.
That said, Asuka chapters are great. She's on another level.
To be fair, Yuri didn't used to be like this. She became somewhat dumber over time and lost a lot of her common and social sense

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
perfect
image.png

Dex-chan lover
Kiko situation is similar to how Tomoki loves Tomoko until the start of the manga. Tomoko was that jolly little girl ... until she learned of erogames, which is her mastery at the start of chapter 1.

Fed-Kun's army
Just double checking but this was a fight right?

Like Kiko obviously didn't like Asuka's little sister comment but I also think that Kiko hit a sorespot with Asuka. You don't exactly pull out "if you know so much about her then how's her crotch" without trying to prove something.

The reason is that Kiko is sort of right and Asuka hates it. Tomoko is guarded against Asuka. As outgoing Tomoko has become Asuka is the one point where she's absolutely bashful. She wants to put her best face forward and not her natural one. Asuka is the same to Tomoko, she went out of her way to save face multiple times, but ultimately she wants to be close with the nerd.

That silver pubes comment wasn't even something that Tomoko shared with Asuka. Asuka was told that by Yuu after admitting that she was jealous of how close Yuu is with Tomoko.

What worked in her favor was that Asuka has such a poker face (for anyone not named Fuuka) that she was able to hide that it bothered her.

Ultimately Asuka is the winner of the bout with Kiko but she didn't leave unscratched.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Becuase I was reminded Homestuck exist and how Asuka basically came out I have to say this, if Tomoko was a troll how the fuck did someone like her nearly fill her quadrants while being the most oblivious fuckup imaginable

Kiki is ♦️pale, diamonds, whatever. Asuka is ❤️, and Emoji is ♠️, the hate fucking one, whatever. Maybe yuri is ♣️If anyone actually knows what the fuck that one is
why have you done this, im gonna end up like nepeta with ships of all quadrants drawn all over my walls

Dex-chan lover
Now this is interesting! It's the first time we get Asuka's thoughts about Tomoko and it turned out they are more complicated than just "She is my friend\daughter\pet" or "i like her".
Seems like back then for the first time Asuka faced such levels of degeneracy and was fascinated with it. But alongside the degeneracy Tomoko has interesting personality that really started to show when she stopped being bitter loner. So Asuka developed some sort of a bit twisted friendship\attraction to her. And yes, Asuka is as gorgeous as ever and Kiko is yet not on the level to fight such higher beings

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Now this is interesting! It's the first time we get Asuka's thoughts about Tomoko and it turned out they are more complicated than just "She is my friend\daughter\pet" or "i like her".
Seems like back then for the first time Asuka faced such levels of degeneracy and was fascinated with it. But alongside the degeneracy Tomoko has interesting personality that really started to show when she stopped being bitter loner. So Asuka developed some sort of a bit twisted friendship\attraction to her.
Asuka is an only daughter? In many ways she and Kiko are alike.

Dex-chan lover
That silver bushism actually epic. It was the start of Fuuka's pandora's box.

Dex-chan lover
lol yuri's imagination

if it ever gets to that point or a theoretical time skip/one shot, wonder what college life would be like, i could totally imagine tomoko joining a drinking party and getting carried away/saying a lot of things while drunk haha
She wasn't even drinking when the dik pic school trip happened.

Users who are viewing this thread