WataMote: No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular!

Dex-chan lover
Wow the gradual change in Tomoko has been so .... godly, i mean yeah i know she still suffers from social situations but she's changed so much from that one time she realized she was just hating them without being justified and how she realized that she never truly wanted to fit in with those type of people and how now she realizes she's pretty weird and that it's hard for people to get along with her ... it's all just so subtle, gradual and long changes in her personality that make her believable and recently very likable.
Some of the beginning chapters had me questioning why they would make her so unlikable at times but that's just how we all are right ? lol unlikable assholes that learn to deal with situations in our own way.
I'm so sad this doesn't have another 100 chapters right now ... welp let's give the series another 5 years.
The beginning chapters are painful like physically painful this is probably the only series that has made me cringe so hard it made my stomach hurt in real life but if you can get over those beginning 50 chapters (well or enjoy them like the sick bastard we all are deep inside) there's a real treat to be found here.
I'll be looking forward 2 Emoji-chans development good luck.

Group Leader
The story is still going strong! Please don't let it end anytime soon, mangaka-san

Rookie mistake, Tomoko. Never ask one of your side-chicks to help you get ready for a date with your main squeeze.

@firefish5000 don't stop dude and you'll be rewarded with the best character growth ever written in media. for the comedy it might not be your taste but i like it a lot, how they frame each panel, the build up and impact of each jokes, and what i like the most comedy in this manga is not for the sake of comedy alone, cause they taught story and give you a little insight of action and reaction. so if you think about dropping this manga pls don't be every misfortune she faced made her the character she is in the recent chapter.

but what i like the most about this manga no matter how rotten tomoko is you'll end up cheering for her, cause after all there's a tomoko in all of us

Dex-chan lover
im really loving how things are turning out for this series from where it started to now its just a much better series now even better that its a yuri harem now which is the best part imo

"shes becoming too normal" they said
"shes not going to have anymore socially awkward moments" they said.

Contributor
Wrote a review on this, here it is:
https://terrenceswiff.wordpress.com/2017/12/29/watamote/

Rediscovering this manga was a very good thing. While it begins as a cringe humor gagfest, about halfway through it starts becoming an incredible slice of life coming of age human relationships deal that is OOZING with subtlety. It's really so fantastic, with writing that blows my mind. Wrote a loooong review on it detailing all the ins and outs of why it's now much improved. It really is so much better now.

Tomoko looks nice in that dress and top Yuri picked out for her and maybe gives her more confidence for more confessions down the road... ;)

Group Leader
a slice of life manga where the characters has recognisable character development, bloody hell

Users who are viewing this thread