Watashi no Musuko ga Isekai Tensei Shitappoi - Vol. 4 Ch. 25 - I Don't Want to Hurt Her...

Dex-chan lover
hi. i haven't forgotten about this, but the people involved have been busy and time slips everyone by.
I HATE YOU!!!!!....

but it's good to see you back at it, not daddy.

Being serious now, I was just thinking about this series yesterday, contemplating whether it was abandoned. This series going into the nuances of isekai is just perfect, I even get names to some of the tropes in editor's notes like gekokujou

Dex-chan lover
whoa thank you for the tl note! glad to have confirmation on why those type of "dying from overwork and yet still working hard in the isekai world" trope is popular

Fed-Kun's army
whoa thank you for the tl note! glad to have confirmation on why those type of "dying from overwork and yet still working hard in the isekai world" trope is popular
And there's another side to this too. Like the MC dying while following all the social conventions and then taking advantage of the isekai life to free himself from the prior restraints. Like slow life in the countryside, or being a farmer, etc.

In this chapter, it's important to note that the girl is admiring the FMC of the LN because she's steadfast and responsible even in her new life, so she's viewing this from the perspective of the Japanese norm, and not from the perspective of someone who died and then was reincarnated.

Dex-chan lover
Somehow, the story was so fresh in my mind, it didn't feel as though three full seasons had gone by.
And there's another side to this too. Like the MC dying while following all the social conventions and then taking advantage of the isekai life to free himself from the prior restraints. Like slow life in the countryside, or being a farmer, etc.
At least in the Western world that's the most common interpretation for Isekai (and stuff like Zom-100): the Japanese recognize their work pace is completely unreasonable and just want literally any way out of it.

I would have never thought that they found any virtue in dying from overwork, as if all relatability of those MCs came from pure resignation, not pride.

Users who are viewing this thread