Watashi no Shounen - Vol. 6 Ch. 27 - Door

Aggregator gang
@MK-95- @firefox1234
Exactly, that's a distinction I didn't know how to vocalize up until now; their relationship feels ambiguous and awkward because the author doesn't seem to have a clear enough idea of where this relationship is going, instead of it being a naturally undefined and tense relationship as you'd find in reality. It's not a complex relationship, it's a tangled relationship. It's the distinction between a rat's nest (the fishing term) and a Gordian Knot.

Their romantic chemistry died way too early on. The author simply set too many non-romantic, even anti-romantic, tones. We as viewers have seen too much of their relationship; it's like if you have ever babysat a young girl who grew to have a crush on you, you'll almost never see her as a romantic partner, except in this case some external force is getting close to shoe-horning in romance tensions between you. I think they author's close to putting herself in a dangerous position, quality wise, and is very close to making a bad commitment. Right now it's just awkward, but it could easily become annoying and contrived.

@owlette
Yea, most age gap manga that fail, fail for that exact reason, the manga doesn't make the romance clear enough. It always comes out of no where and feels contrived. The author has almost written herself into a corner relationship wise. Betraying a reader's expectations is a lot different from surprising them. As things are, we're approaching the former.

Aggregator gang
@Yautja I think your worries and concerns are justified but i wouldnt say the author is writing herself into a corner just yet. The reason I say so is her use of her side characters. Satoko's sister, Satoko's boss/ex bf, Mashuu's classmates and the girl that seems to have a crush on him all have sizable roles to play in this story and have a huge influence on the two main characters. If this was like most romance manga where it seems to only revolve around the main pair then yes this story will eventually be written to a corner but the way it is now actually gives the author leeway to make meaningful plot. And im not talkin about "Domestic no Kanojo"-esque forced plot but a story that feels way more natural.

Atm one plot point she has yet to exploit is Mashuu's realization to wat a romantic relationship with Satoko would actually mean. So far Satoko's sister gave him an eye opener when she questioned the origin of his feeling for Satoko which was step one. Next step is him realizing that their age gap and how that reflects on them and society would effect them. So far he is still a naive boy whos probably met his first love and cant see past that but i cant wait till he starts becoming more aware, it will probably happen when that girl who likes him starts making her intentions clear......you should check out the new released raw shud be interesting....

That last page... let me get my goggles. Ah, there! Yeah, yuri route unlocked! Satoko definitely likes them young

this manga is probably one of the most realistic I've seen (minus the coincidental meetings). the feelings at play, the thoughts, even the awkwardness of the dialogue

Dex-chan lover
I was hoping these two would interact. It's a bit forced, but it's interesting nonetheless. Though, it's interesting how she still remembers her, maybe because it was out of some jealousy? Will she connect the dots? Hmmm...

@nwatn I can excuse some plot contrivances by the fact they all live in the same general area

They should at least hug each other once, it feels like they both need a one after being away from each other for a long period.

Users who are viewing this thread