Watashi no Shounen - Vol. 7 Ch. 32 - Parent and Child

So somehow when Satoko doesn't live her life exactly as her mom would like it's meant to hurt her mom? Sometimes it's so aggravating how people can be so self-centered.

Curious on the translation on page 11, so does Mashuu and Ryouichi have different mothers?

Thanks for sharing!

@tedthesun I assume that's what it's insinuating. Satoko has wondered about that in the past as well, but whatever the backstory is hasn't been revealed.

Dex-chan lover
thanks a lot for the chapter , i told my family too that i probably not gonna marry and will live alone glad that at least my mom were on my side

Group Leader
Lots of work, but it's worth it 😇 You're right you all, it is an exhausting chapter, lots of one-sided discussions...

I'm also excited for chapter 33, as I'm done cleaning up the pages, so it won't be too long until we can share it to you all!

@starlightcitypro You're totally right! Having gone through a painful childhood with her mother, she immediately felt compelled to help Mashuu who seemed like he was ignored by his dad!

@danaxf4 @Rhyrhygogo @hina_sw @xinneth @Tedthesun @Moodyz + everyone who appreciates this, we're happy to bring you this story! @iamrangerbob does a great job at translating everything, so I'm also super thankful!

Fed-Kun's army
I'm really happy we're seeing more of Satoko's back story with her family. It's very well written. Especially her sister's character. She's so lively but also mature. I thought this manga was just a shotacon thing, but I'm glad I gave it a chance!

Dex-chan lover
Interesting parallels and differences between the two

The mother is ignorant of FMC's wants because she is too caught up in wanting grandchildren and leaving an heir without considering what FMC wants, though she is aware of it

The father is ignorant because he's working all the time and too out of touch with his own family, paired with the depression of losing his wife.

It's an interesting contrast.

Thank you for your hard work, Daphie and Nakain ♡♡

I really enjoyed this chapter. The author does such a beautiful job portraying dysfunctional families. I like that Satoko's mother always pressuring her to get married and have kids isn't just comedic, good-natured teasing that can be brushed off – there's clearly deep-rooted issues in their relationship, and every little thing points to that. Meanwhile Mashuu at the grocery acts more like the father than his father does.

Can someone remind me, do Mashuu and Ryouichi have different mothers?

I just realized that back in Ch 2 I completely misunderstood the scene where Satoko plays a song in the car ride and there's a flashback. This whole time I thought that was Mashuu and Mashuu's mother was cheating! I need to re-read this carefully lol

Dex-chan lover
she's nobody's child, they're so obnoxious, just leave her be, jesus - this is how you drive your kids away

Users who are viewing this thread