We Are Reproducing - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

Dex-chan lover
Wait wtf was up with pg 5? Did she really use her baby as a distraction to grab another man's cock while being married?

Or was that just an imaginary example?

Dex-chan lover
Such an interesting manga from another time. Published in 1993, unashamed of her morality, and questionable ideas about science and relationships. Very distinctly 'non-japanese' (she says as much in the afterword).

A fascinating read, but certainly not 'a guide to relationships, pregnancy, or child-rearing' haha.

Don't drink alcohol when pregnant, kids, very likely to mess your child up.

Power Uploader
Such an interesting manga from another time. Published in 1993, unashamed of her morality, and questionable ideas about science and relationships. Very distinctly 'non-japanese' (she says as much in the afterword).

A fascinating read, but certainly not 'a guide to relationships, pregnancy, or child-rearing' haha.

Don't drink alcohol when pregnant, kids, very likely to mess your child up.
I don't know if I'd necessarily agree that her stance on relationships is "questionable" - she comes across as very much a "a woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle" kind of feminist, and in 2023 we'd probably just label her as "ethically nonmonogamous" and be done with it. (To be fair, her boyfriend is kind of a nonentity in the comic, but there's a bit in the next chapter where she talks with him about having sex with other guys and, while he's comically taken aback by the number of them, the fact that she's doing it doesn't seem to be an issue in and of itself.)

Fed-Kun's army
Man, that last part of the essay made me more invested than the manga itself. Really interesting work! Thanks for the translations so far.

Users who are viewing this thread